Those running magnaflow Catbacks....

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
i have a bassani catted 5 peice X, and maggie CB, and mine pops only on decel, mainly between 1900-2500RPM's.

not loud enough for me though, so im going LT's, and O/R X.

SVT04

Established Member
Magnaflow cat back and MRT catted H pipe. 4" rolled Magnaflow tips. Sounds really good, deep and aggressive when driving around. Get on it and it scares people...lol

Sets off car alarms in parking garages and parking lots.....sounds like a muscle car should....loads of fun.:burnout:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
RedneckBMXer24 said:
i have a bassani catted 5 peice X, and maggie CB, and mine pops only on decel, mainly between 1900-2500RPM's.

not loud enough for me though, so im going LT's, and O/R X.

Same set up on my car but the SLP version of the X-pipe (same) and no pops at all. Mellow driving with my foot out but when you punch it it gets loud. I am very happy with this set up. Removed Borla Stingers and a Dr X OR pipe that were on the car when I bought it. WAY to loud for my tastes and my neihbors as well. IMO loud doesn't mean fast...it just means loud. :shrug:

Wintermute

Banned
Magnaflow cats and MAC o/r X. Sounds awesome, nice burble on deceleration, the odd pop with higher revs but it all sounds good. . . Kinda wish it didnt go so loud at wot sometimes but that comes with the setup. My only complaint is that I love blower whine and I cant hear it as well anymore.

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Magnaflow with UPR offroad X.. Had it on the car since July 02' and never thought about switching it out since I put it on.

Jroc

Established Member
I have a Magnaflow CB with the stock H-pipe and it sounds pretty good to me, just quite for a Mustang with an aftermarket exhaust.

In a way I like it quite as I have told several people who don't really know what an 03/04 Cobra is besides just another Mustang that its pretty fast and they don't believe me because itt]s not all that loud or ruff sounding. Then I take them for a ride and their like "Holy Sh*t, I didn't know you had it like that!" I think its funny as my car is relatively stock. :D

oxford03cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
i have the magnaflow cat back with the off road prochamber and i love how it sounds

Evil Bender

Rabid Roadie
Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I've got Magnaflow cat back with a Bassani o\r x and it pops a lot .I noticed it got worse with my ported blower.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
does anyone have a video of the Magnaflow cat back on a LT and H pipe (catted or o/r idc) setup. I heard this setup on a Fox body and it sounds great. Just wondering if anyone had a similar setup on a cobra. Sorry for the mini hijack

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Magnaflow catback with Magnaflow high flow catted X pipe for 5 years now. Excellent quality and value with a moderately aggressive sound that get's MUCH louder when you hit the "go" pedal. Highly recommend for those that want a good muscle car sound without getting your brains blown out.

I know a guy who has this same combo and I have cruised behind heim before and it sounds nice. Maybe just a tad to loud for me. Wondering if I got a Magnaflow catted x-pipe to go with my Magnaflows - is there any way to get the power benefits without the added sound levels? Baffles?

I also like the sound of the UPR catted pipe with magnaflows - but it seems even louder of a combo then the magnaflow with the mag catted x-pipe?

Any words of wisdom?

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Jsko said:
Hows the fitment of the UPR O/R X-pipe, I have magnaflow and I love it, The UPR combo sounds great...

fits perfect, just go slower over speed bumps though, you might hit..

Jsko

Established Member
I think I want the UPR, my friend is selling his Dr. Gas X off his mach 1 for 200. Never heard it on a cobra, may consider it

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I have an BBK o/r xpipe with magnaflows and it has a nice rumble when driving and it is freaken LOUD at wot. but all and all sounds not bad for having a ghetto X-pipe. had flowmaster before :xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread