Those that have yanked and installed the blowers by themselves...

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I tried to find someone near me to help but I can't find anyone. My tuner wants $560 for the swap... Is that to much

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I tried to find someone near me to help but I can't find anyone. My tuner wants $560 for the swap... Is that to much

As I recall, I did my last blower swap in 3 hours by myself. Even
at $100 / hour for labor, that's $300. However, $500 is a reasonable
IMO. I'd pay an extra $200 to not have to pull the blower off again.

Keep in mind that most shops charge $75-$100 per hours for labor.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member

read the blower removal thread, and do it yourself. a shop will just slop through it, and not do nearly as good of a job as you could do. its really not that hard.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
i used one hand to point and the other to hold my beer as i told my roomate and a friend how to gently lift the eaton off my car and properly install my whipple. this method worked great for my back.

Kysnake03

Established Member
i used one hand to point and the other to hold my beer as i told my roomate and a friend how to gently lift the eaton off my car and properly install my whipple. this method worked great for my back.
:lol: :beer:

doubleblack

Established Member
I've done the same thing twice to my Cobra. If I remember correctly, I stood along the passenger side and put my left hand in the intake plenum and grabbed the pulley with my right hand. Then it was just a matter of up, up, and away... :banana:

good advice...what did you do once the blower was up and out. i'm assuming you didn't have anyone around to just hand it to. did you carry it like a football in one arm while you climbed out of the engine bay? where did you set it after you pulled it up.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
good advice...what did you do once the blower was up and out. i'm assuming you didn't have anyone around to just hand it to. did you carry it like a football in one arm while you climbed out of the engine bay? where did you set it after you pulled it up.

I wasn't standing in the engine bay. I was standing outside the car next to the passenger fender. Once I had it out of the car I sat it down on an old matttress pad that I had placed on the garage floor. However, this is something I sure wouldn't want to do on a "regular" basis. Your best bet is to invite a friend over to help (like I'll be doing next time). :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread