Those that have yanked and installed the blowers by themselves...

doubleblack

Established Member
Where the heck do you stand, how do you position your body/feet...is it possible to remove/install by yourself...i'm not sure how accessible another body will be during my install...and i'm not sure if my wife wants to get greasy...how heavy is the blower/intercooler assembly?

any tips would really help...if this is possible...I was thinking of getting an engine hoist, but don't really want to...

big blue oval

Established Member
Ya..thats a back breaker!!LOL you really should get a freind to help. I have used my cherry picker with the hood propped straight up.

doubleblack

Established Member

doubleblack

Established Member
You don't need all that, just be a man and pick it up off the motor..... :lol:

LOL, i guarantee my old man back won't have it...but yeah, you pulled it straight up? that's impressive...40lbs, doesn't seem that bad, it's just lifting it straight up w/ you body hunkered over the fender seems tough...i'm a short dude too...

big blue oval

Established Member
HAHAHAAHA nooooooooo!!!!!!!........ I used a cloth tow strap and cradled it under the intake manifold,.........then guided it up enough to bring it foreward and out.

big blue oval

Established Member
LOL, i guarantee my old man back won't have it...but yeah, you pulled it straight up? that's impressive...40lbs, doesn't seem that bad, it's just lifting it straight up w/ you body hunkered over the fender seems tough...i'm a short dude too...

Hey if your really going to pull it your self I'm in SD as well and will gladly give ya a second set of hands.........I'm an SVT certified Tech. and recomended by several local Ford dealers here in north county.

Fuerza

Established Member
Brute Strength

I just installed my blower this past month. I just man handled it. It is a heavy bitch but it isn't impossible. Stand on the passenger side of the car. With your right hand hold onto the blower snout. With your left grab hold of the opening where the plenum meets the blower. Lift straight up and until the intercooler is clear. Once it is clear set away from the car. Have some towels ready because flood will come out of the intercooler.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Hahaha, yeah I just bent over the Driver's side fender and grabbed it by the snout and rear of the blower and yanked it out of there. First attempt I went to pull and though "Oh F this!" and went inside and got my Fiance. But as great as she is, it was just too difficult for her to reach up there and assist (she's 4'11"). So I had to just man up and yank it out on my own. It really isn't that bad, once you get the intercooler high enough to pass the intake now you can relax a little and pull towards you which is easier than pulling straight up against gravity.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You definitely should get an extra set of hands to make it easier for you. If I remember right I pulled it off myself, though. And I'm not a young guy! LOL!

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I've done it myself several times. Not too bad really. Just man up and yank that sucker
off!

doubleblack

Established Member
Hey if your really going to pull it your self I'm in SD as well and will gladly give ya a second set of hands.........I'm an SVT certified Tech. and recomended by several local Ford dealers here in north county.

cool, i'll shoot you a PM if needed. What dealership do you work w/?

big blue oval

Established Member
I've got my own speed shop...but I am not an offical advertiser on this site. So out of respect for the fine companys who do advertise here I will tell ya in the PM. None the less I'm not trying to solicit ya as a customer either.....just trying to help out a fellow car nut.:burnout:

doubleblack

Established Member
I've got my own speed shop...but I am not an offical advertiser on this site. So out of respect for the fine companys who do advertise here I will tell ya in the PM. None the less I'm not trying to solicit ya as a customer either.....just trying to help out a fellow car nut.:burnout:

bbo, shoot me a pm.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
hey, if you and big blue oval decide to do this, give me a shout...I'm thinking about pulling mine out soon, and I wanna see how this is done!

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I've done it myself several times. Not too bad really. Just man up and yank that sucker
off!

I've done the same thing twice to my Cobra. If I remember correctly, I stood along the passenger side and put my left hand in the intake plenum and grabbed the pulley with my right hand. Then it was just a matter of up, up, and away... :banana:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i've done it a few times by myself, as well as installing the whipple. refer to my linked thread above on removing/installing the blower--its not too hard, but would be easier with a friend's help

Users who are viewing this thread