those w/racestars, tpms sensors?

mazroth

Established Member
Those using racestars, are you using your stock tpms sensors? or which ones you using? Drag radials will be used.

Read awhile back there were a few gremlins with having the light on and shifting/traction issues at the track with just leaving the light on? Anyone squash this rumor?

stang1971

Established Member
i never had sensors in mine.. when the light was on i saw no affect cause of it.. car still ran and drove perfectly fine for months.

REPCobra10

Established Member
The light is just there to let you know that there is an issue with your TPMS. You will have no ill-effects from driving the car with the light illuminated on your dashboard, sir...:beer: I drove around on my old Racestars for months with the TPMS light illuminated--no ill-effects were exhibited!

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Racestars here for my track wheels and I have the tpms sensors that american muscle sells, no annoying light for me. I run MT drag radials and drive to and from the track. The only time the light comes on is when I air them down at the track below like 20 or 18psi. As soon as I air them back up the light goes off. I usually have them at 27-30 when driving on them.

Jedisalami

Established Member
do base model 11 cars have them? Only option on my car is brembos and 3.73s, I drop my slicks to 12 psi and no light, this being on race stars that came mounted from 50resto, never had a light. No clue if they have sensors in them

CharlieR

Established Member
do base model 11 cars have them? Only option on my car is brembos and 3.73s, I drop my slicks to 12 psi and no light, this being on race stars that came mounted from 50resto, never had a light. No clue if they have sensors in them
Mine does, ordered it Auto no other options. Maybe your car doesn't have 'em or the "race wheels" have sensors that are set lower.

scotmach

Established Member

Every car comes with them now beginning in 2007.

pohnjarker

Established Member

i have the same as you, base with brembo and 3.73s and my light stays on since, i think, when i got my last tires mounted, they broke one of the TPMS sensors.

i could care less but the wife doesnt like to see it :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread