Those who track Verts

David Hester

Established Member
it's impossible for the driver's head to come in contact with it, so adding padding is unnecessary
Maybe. You might be surprised. Stock seats WILL move around in a crash. They are heavy and will strain the mounts.
I've worn Bell, Arai, Simpson. I use all G-Force stuff now. Had a buddy that worked there (now at HANS).
I think it was mentioned to try on before you buy. Different brands fit different heads better.
I've seen other pictures of your car, Greg. Looks good.
If you get a chance to hillclimb, do it! We started running them in '95 with Chimney Rock,NC. Would like to do Giant Despair or Mt Washington. We have a series in the SouthEast (3 hillclimbs).
June 7-8, 2008 Wolf Ridge Hillclimb Central Carolinas Region
August 2-3, 2008 Rock-N-Roll Hillclimb
http://www.ccrscca.com/eaglesnest/ Central Carolinas Region
September 27-28, 2008 Crow Mountain Hill Climb
www.crowmountainhillclimb.org Scottsboro, AL
Tennessee Valley Region (we will run this one- close to home)

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I've already invested in an SA helmet, so I'm good to go on that front :thumbsup:

I'll just have to talk to the builder and see what he can do around my light bar. I really doubt I'll ever run padding, just because of the close proximity to the light bar and the fact that the bar is completely behind the seats. Don't particularly like the looks of it either. I have corbeau seats and when I pull them to install the bar, I plan on getting new grade 8 bolts and using washers on every one to ensure the seat stays in place at all times.

I probably would get an autopower or MM bar, but I just don't know how it'll fit with the light bar in there. It'll also be for on the street safety because I've been seeing way too many mustang accidents lately. I want to keep myself and any passengers I have as safe as possible on the off chance anything crazy happens. Being able to run on road courses, as well as not getting any grief at the drag stip is just an added bonus.

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
After reading all this, I think it is just going to be easier for me to find a autopower bar, and pull the light bar and install the 4-point before all hpde, and put the light bat back in when on the street!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
It is one way to find where your true heart lies. If you find yourself not wanting to bother to put the rollbar back in after a couple track events, you can always sell it.
On the other hand, if you decide it's too much work to remove the rollbar because another track event is just around the corner, you're hooked. :beer:

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
It is one way to find where your true heart lies. If you find yourself not wanting to bother to put the rollbar back in after a couple track events, you can always sell it.
On the other hand, if you decide it's too much work to remove the rollbar because another track event is just around the corner, you're hooked. :beer:

Oh trust me I have been hooked for a while now. At the same time, I want to be able to drive the car as much as possible, just a little more difficult with my son now, hence why I just sold the track car with no backseat and a cage. Now I just have to find a use vert 4-point bar!

QWKRN U

1 0f 72 Build #159
Established Member
Any updates on this thread? Im debating getting a custom bar made to work with the light bar. any other pics of both installed?

wheelhopper

Established Member
You vert guys sure are in love with your light bars. IMO they don't look good enough to warrant trying to keep them if you want to OT. Just get rid of the damn things.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
You vert guys sure are in love with your light bars. IMO they don't look good enough to warrant trying to keep them if you want to OT. Just get rid of the damn things.

:bs: You don't have a vert, get out of our thread! :poke:

Lol, I think the light bar makes the car when the top is down. Only thing better is a speedster cover. I'd like to keep the light bar for 2 reasons: It hides the roll bar a little bit, which IMO doesn't look that good on a vert. Also, there are 2x3" holes in both of my rear panels now, so unless I can find replacements, the light bar stays.

Greg, one of these days, I'm going to find the money to justify a custom bar. After looking at the install required to just bolt in the MM bar, a custom welded in 4 point would be worth the money and less hassle.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Just kidding man, take it easy. You need to come out to some MACA stuff btw, its been a while. Busy with the new kiddo?

Users who are viewing this thread