Those with AFS replica wheels in here!

OverToad

Established Member
I'm nearly about to pull the trigger on a set of AFS chromies.

For those that allready have a set of the AFS replicas, have any of you been unhappy with the fit and finish of the rims?

Visually, I can't tell the difference, and since I can save at least a couple of hundred bucks (if not more), it's worth it for me to explore this avenue.

This isn't just directed at those who've gotten the AFS chromes, but anyone who's ordered AFS rims for their 03.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

coleman

Established Member
OverToad, i haven't pulled the trigger yet either, but at this point, that's who i'd be going with.
I like the stock look & don't want to buy 4 rims.

Two 17x10.5" should be in my near future.

ALLNTRL

Established Member
AFS makes the best in the "Factory look" wheel, you won't be disappointed with their quality. ;-)

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Toad - I bought a complete set of AFS '03 replicas and they matched the factory wheel ALMOST perfect. They are close enough that I am going to sell the 2 17x9" that came with my 17x10.5". You won't be disappointed with their product. I have had mine on since 1-29-03 and I am totally happy with them.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
A friend in SA got two 17 x 9 in the satin finish for DR's. They look great. Very slight differences from the stock rims. You can't tell the difference until you look real close.

I have a set of 4 ordered through Discount Tire, 17 x 9's for the front and 17 x 10.5's for the back. Hope they look as good as the AFS rims.

Anyone know where I can get a set of pony center caps for the stock rims?

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
OFF TOPIC - racerat, I just looked at your pics, and there are some nice ones! I was curious, maybe you know, what happened to SonterraSVT? I haven't seen him on this site in awhile.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Don't buy the chorme AFS unless you are wanting 10.5" out back. If you just want chrome, get the Ford wheels, they are better.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by Hunter
Toad - I bought a complete set of AFS '03 replicas and they matched the factory wheel ALMOST perfect. They are close enough that I am going to sell the 2 17x9" that came with my 17x10.5". You won't be disappointed with their product. I have had mine on since 1-29-03 and I am totally happy with them.

Hunter - are you saying you are selling two stock rims? If so, will you PM me with the price - I need to replace two badly curb rashed stock rims...

OverToad

Established Member
Don't buy the chorme AFS unless you are wanting 10.5" out back. If you just want chrome, get the Ford wheels, they are better.

You said this in another thread. I asked why, but I'm not sure you saw it.

If you don't mind, please explain yourself :)

Why are the Ford's better? I'm waiting on a confirmation email from AFS right now, and if it's legit, the difference between these and Ford chromies installed is about $250.
I'm no track whore, and if they are virtually identical, I got alot of other things I can spend $250 on ;-)

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Toad - what tires you thinking of running? I'm also getting close to pulling the trigger on the 17x10.5's, (but I'm going with the machined finish stock look.) I considered the Dunlop 8000 or Nitto 555.

Users who are viewing this thread