Those with AFS replica wheels in here!

OverToad

Established Member
I'm not going with the 10.5's, just the 9's.
Before I get told this is a waste, I'll explain myself.

Bigger rims on the back means new tires, which, in total, means about another $700 in expense. It also means in the future I won't be able to rotate them, which means more money going out.
I've allready over-spent beyond my budget on this car, and don't feel a driving need to have a taller tire on the back, so that additional cost, in my eyes, is throwing $700 down the drain.
Also, I'm going for the sleeper look, so when that unsuspecting ricer rev's at me, it'll be the last thing he does before chokin' on my exhaust fumes ;-)

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by OverToad
I'm nearly about to pull the trigger on a set of AFS chromies.

For those that allready have a set of the AFS replicas, have any of you been unhappy with the fit and finish of the rims?

Visually, I can't tell the difference, and since I can save at least a couple of hundred bucks (if not more), it's worth it for me to explore this avenue.

This isn't just directed at those who've gotten the AFS chromes, but anyone who's ordered AFS rims for their 03.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

The ones I received looked identical to the factory wheels and to date have worked very well. :thumbsup:

OverToad

Established Member
Oh, and to comment on your tire question, a friend had the Dunlop's at the same time I put the 555's on my old s281. I loved those Nitto's.........and so did my friend ;-)

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
I have AFS 17" 10.5 satins on the back , they look perfect and have zero issues. First time I've been able to feel the car hook all the way through 2nd gear since the pulley/exhaust.. and that in 50 degree weather on asphalt! I'm happy!!! BTW: 315/35/17 Nitto 555R drag radials on the back. Jerry

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
Somebody said you'd have to look real close to see the difference between the stock wheels and the AFS wheels. I can't tell the difference up close, far or far away except for the size (different offset) and the AFW wheel are less dinged up.

Sadly, one of my new wheels already has a nice big scratch and they haven't even been on the car yet.

Overtoad...

I don't know what mods you have on the car now, but my only mods are a CAI, a pulley and a chip. With the stock tires, I have zero traction in 1st gear, very little in second, and on a cold day I can spin 'em in 3rd gear when I mash the pedal. Bigger, stickier tires will become a must have with minor upgrades in power.

OverToad

Established Member
...but my only mods are a CAI, a pulley and a chip.

Hehehe....."only" :beer:

Your correct in your asessment, and i've taken that into consideration. In fact, for this very reason, I'd rather save the money for new Nitto's, since I'll be needing them. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread