Those with Whipple and 3.5" pulley

Ryushin

Established Member
I would think your torque levels are going to be sacrificed with running that low of boost on a 2.3 liter blower. If I was you i wouldn't even mod your car if you are looking for longivity.

Well, I do want to get it to 500 rwhp in the most efficient way possible. The Eaton is not going to do that for me. I'd rather spend more on a whipple then a stage 5 port to get the cleaner power. Plus, who knows down the road if I won't up it a bit more. The Eaton will be maxed out. Every time I read someone talking about getting a port, they always say get the twin screw because you're going to want more. No point in wasting money.

Ryushin

Established Member
I am running the 3.5 pulley on my whipple (saving gas for DD).

If you have your hood blanket removed, can you measure the clearance between the hood and the highest point on the pulley. I would think it would be the very end. My idea was to put a small cone of putty on the end and close the hood. You'll probably need to put a drop of oil on the top so the putty doesn't stick to the hood. I would appreciate it.

djtyau

Established Member
If you have your hood blanket removed, can you measure the clearance between the hood and the highest point on the pulley. I would think it would be the very end. My idea was to put a small cone of putty on the end and close the hood. You'll probably need to put a drop of oil on the top so the putty doesn't stick to the hood. I would appreciate it.

Yes, hood blanket is removed. I will see what I can do.

Silverboost

Established Member
i had the same thought as you about the ported blower versus the whipple. I ended up just going balls out and got the whipple. I drove around for a month or so on the 3.5 pulley and decided since I was paying for a custom dyno tune that I might as well go ahead with the 3.25 pulley. I went from a pretty much bone stock car (catback and intake) to a 571/529 car. You will not last long on the 3.5 pulley before you want more. I am only getting about 16 to 17 lbs on mine and I am hardly pushing the whipple . Maybe later this year I will go to the 3 inch pulley for the magical 600 mark.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
I just got the gen II whipple and I think that im going with the 3.5 pulley and maybe slap a 2# lower on it. I think FASnakes is going with the same setup so I want to see what numbers he makes.

I have the 3.00 pulley as well, does anyone have any numbers with these two setups? Im hoping to make between 580 and 600rwhp so hpefully this will get me there.
:thumbsup:
You'll know tomorrow my friend. :rockon:
Quite honestly, my expectations are relatively low regarding what she lays down.. I’m thinking somewhere around 520 – 550.. This would be on none other than cali pump gas w/ an ultra conservative tune in 90 degree heat..:pop:

04RiceEater

Established Member
:thumbsup:
You'll know tomorrow my friend. :rockon:
Quite honestly, my expectations are relatively low regarding what she lays down.. I’m thinking somewhere around 520 – 550.. This would be on none other than cali pump gas w/ an ultra conservative tune in 90 degree heat..:pop:

Yea I would love to see some numbers. Maybe a vid as well if thats possible. I have the 3.00 pulley as well so I want to be around 580rwhp if possible.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Yea I would love to see some numbers. Maybe a vid as well if thats possible. I have the 3.00 pulley as well so I want to be around 580rwhp if possible.

What octane you planning on running?
What sorts of vids would you like to see? I'm thinking maybe 1 drive by, 1 speedo and a Dyno vid.. I'll need some seat time before a hook up with a C6Z.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread