Thoughts on deal?

2K1 SVT

Established Member
2001 FORD MUSTANG SVT COBRA-/-SUPERCHARGED!-/-OVER 400HP-/-CLEAN TITLE
It has 94,000 miles Also, I would think over 12lbs of boost is a little high.

If it were me I would just go buy a Terminator in the 15-16k range instead of that for 12-13k. When I bought my car I only had around 9k to spend so that’s why I went with the 01 cobra. If you have around 13k then I would save up and buy the better car because what they say usually holds true, you get what you pay for. On a side note that probably has to be one of the ugliest hoods I’ve ever seen :nonono:

gmantheman

Established Member
The hood is not that bad. 15-16K 03/04 cobras in good condition are few and far between, but no telling the true condition of this car.

SVT GT

Established Member
On a side note that probably has to be one of the ugliest hoods I’ve ever seen :nonono:

I agree...anyways if you like the car and can not find anything better AND do not want to wait then buy it. Looks pretty good but I myself have a lot of questions on it and would need to drive it and listen to it. "Hitting over 12lbs of boost" is kind of high imo and I would ask whats been done to the engine beside the KB. If you are really that interested in it find out the previous owner and ask him about it.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
I just feel that a terminator is worth the extra money because it can handle 600+ whp where as the 99/01's can only handle a little over 450whp.
Plus I would be a little weary about that car being boosted with 94,000 on it.
Just my opinion....

03dsgdreams

Established Member
I love how they say low low miles, 94,000 is far from low miles on a cobra IMO. It seems to be a nice car from what I see in the pics. Keep in mind dealers don't no sh*t about whats done to these cars as far as mods go. It could end up being a great deal it might have a built bottom end could have a solid axle swap could even have a built trans you just never no what your getting from these places, I say roll the dice bro you might get lucky. If you do buy it get rid of that hood ASAP. Good luck.

01yellercobra

Established Member
What's up Grant? It really depends on what's been done to the car. Hopefully there's a way to contact the previous owner. I doubt the dealer could tell you anything beyond it having a blower.

Last edited:

gmantheman

Established Member
Hey Bob. I am not really sure what route I want to take. It's a crap shoot with the car in question. I will see if I can contact the previous owner of the car. I am not really sure what route I want to take. I am starting to get bored with my car. Holly crap, cars are money pits.

gmantheman

Established Member
I love how they say low low miles, 94,000 is far from low miles on a cobra IMO. It seems to be a nice car from what I see in the pics. Keep in mind dealers don't no sh*t about whats done to these cars as far as mods go. It could end up being a great deal it might have a built bottom end could have a solid axle swap could even have a built trans you just never no what your getting from these places, I say roll the dice bro you might get lucky. If you do buy it get rid of that hood ASAP. Good luck.

I don't think 94,000 is that high for a 2001. That's about 9400 per. year. My 06 Mustang has 95,000 miles but I drive 60 miles per. day.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The 03/04 Cobra would be a better starting point. Less work to make tons of power. The Mach is basically a solid axle 99/01 Cobra underneathe. I know there's a few differences, but when you get down to it.... Why not just put the money into your 06? Or for that matter, I'll sell you my car.:banana:

gmantheman

Established Member
I think I am at my limit power wise N/A wise unless I do longtubes and some custom head work. I could go F/I but I don't deal with the hassle of the install and I would want to get a new clutch. The car would be visiting the strip. Everytime I see a 03/04 cobra in person, I want one more and more. Same thing could be said about the MACH 1.
How much would you sell your car for?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was just messing around. My wife would kill me if I sold my car after everything I've been through with it. I do like the 03/04's. I drive my buddies 03 once in a while and it's fun. But you see them every where. Any more 9 out of 10 Cobras I see are Terminators. I hardly see the 99/01's any more.

93&99cobrasvt

Established Member
I say 03-04 theres a 10th anniversary in Oregon original owner with 110k miles on it for 11k. Its a buyers market you can get an 03-04 for around your price easy

quikcobra

Established Member
Im not a fan of the hood what so ever... However.... FOr the same or just a little more I would personally get a 03/04 or save a bit more for a 500...

SVT GT

Established Member
I don't think 94,000 is that high for a 2001. That's about 9400 per. year.

I agree, that's not many at all seeing that 15 thousand is the average now a days. Not saying that this car is a good deal just agreeing with the mileage per year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread