Thoughts on iOS 7?

GodStang

Established Member
Installed it on Wifes phone since mine is still jailbroken. Some good and some bad.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Just finished installing it, took a while to install and just started messing around. Seems ok so far.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Too afraid to do this to my jail-broken 4. I am reading horror stories about them getting "bricked" during/after the upgrade.

paynecasey

Established Member
My wife and I share our Apple ID for movies and music. But now we can assign on and see each other's text messages that we send and receive. Bit of a lame feature. Now I will simply not text people because my wife will have the ability to turn on texts on her phone of my number unknowingly.

wht93gted

Established Member
So far so good, I like it. It's very slick and smooth, it certainly feels like an upgrade and not a downgrade or loss of functionality.

The AirDrop is pretty cool and works well!

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I just performed the install on my 4S. So far I'm not seeing any performance related issues. The design is slick but not too unfamiliar.

I haven't played around with some of the new features quite yet so I'll pass judgement on that later. I'm also not getting the slow keyboard some have reported on the 4's, which is good.

KonaFifty

Established Member
seems a little slower than ios6; however the last few days ios6 was becoming super slow for me on my 5.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I like it. Could've gone a little edgier on the design, but it is easy on the eyes, and fairly easy to read as well.

The dynamic text sizing in the settings menu lets you choose more than just 3 sizes, which is nice.

Finally a built in flashlight, which is epic.

Other than that, same old.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I like it a lot. I've been using the GM (gold master) release for a couple weeks now and it's been great. It took some getting used to as some of the gestures are different, but now that I've played with it this whole time, I'm happy with the changes they made. I'm using it on a 4S btw.

I just hope they add some themes for the next update. I am happy with the current theme, but newbs around me won't stop complaining lol.

Too afraid to do this to my jail-broken 4. I am reading horror stories about them getting "bricked" during/after the upgrade.

That's because millions upon millions of people tried to update their phone at the same time and it over loads Apple's servers. My girlfriend started her update yesterday at about 2pm, against my advice, and her phone bricked in the process. However, it actually restarted on it's own still with 6.1.3 on there. I got to her at 5:30pm and restarted the update and it didn't finish until about 1am this morning.

My wife and I share our Apple ID for movies and music. But now we can assign on and see each other's text messages that we send and receive. Bit of a lame feature. Now I will simply not text people because my wife will have the ability to turn on texts on her phone of my number unknowingly.

Turn off iMessage on your device or create your own Apple ID...

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I like it. Could've gone a little edgier on the design, but it is easy on the eyes, and fairly easy to read as well.

The dynamic text sizing in the settings menu lets you choose more than just 3 sizes, which is nice.

Finally a built in flashlight, which is epic.

Other than that, same old.

The compass also has the best Leveler feature I've used. I've used a lot of Leveler apps, and the native app is the best yet.

20redfire03

Established Member
Not a huge fan of the look but its ok. One of the things I hate mosted was having to go through the menus to turn on wifi, now its scroll from the bottom and turn it on. This is a feature that should have been in the iOS from the start. Havent had any problems so far.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I like it overall, I just wish I could change the childish/cartoonish icons without having to jailbrake it. But the safari and overall flow is much improved.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Just started playing with it so today on my 5. Like it so far. Don't know too much about it though.

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
I'm downloading it now on my old 4. It's taking over 2 hours to complete the download; I think it's about done, but I'm not sure. I'm excited to see what's new. How long did it take you guys to download the update?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My wife downloaded it to her iPhone 4S. She likes the graphics better and some of the new features. It's not an earth shattering upgrade, but overall it's decent. I think Apple did a good job. You'll have to get use to the changes, of course.

DaJoker

Never Serious...Seriously
Established Member
Downloaded on my 5..........its ok. My kid prolly knows more about the features than I do.

Users who are viewing this thread