Thoughts on the Cobra R spoiler

Big 8

Established Member
I had the wing on an 01 as well as the front splitter. I wouldnt do one without the other! The car however wasnt driven very often on the street. It was used in several open road events. If your going to run the car above 120 for any period of time its pretty helpful. The ass end (even on a four thousand pund car) tends to get light at speed. On a street car/daily drive I really dont see a need? Without the splitter its got an unbalanced look.

For the record I dont consider the STi or EVO rice??? I dont really care what people do it is after all their car?

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
most parts on the cobra r are intended FOR THE COBRA R. the wing is one of them. it's the only car that it looks good on period....

03CobraBro

Established Member
The wing on the 00 Cobra R is its trade mark. Like the wing on the old Superbird/Daytona Chargers.

(Even though, unlike rice, the 03/04 Cobra's do benifit substantially from the down force the Cobra R spoiler brings to the table at the top end)

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
I agree that it's only a wing for the Cobra R. On any other Mustang or Cobra you just think yo yourself "that's not a 00R"

Users who are viewing this thread