Thoughts on the GT350

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Curiosity is killing me, wanna show some photos of that trade in? Haha.

20230309_080703.jpg

20230309_080712.jpg

20230309_080724.jpg

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey bud, thank you for your input! A lot of feedback for sure. I know I have to drive one for more of an extended period of time to really get a feel for both. I have recaro’s in my 13 Shelby. They’re comfortable to a degree. Did the Route 66 trip from florida. It wasn’t horrible, however I think I am spoiled a bit with my hellcat charger. Heated, cooled seats etc. so I’ll have to try both. As I stated above if I’m being honest I don’t have many curves, and don’t have any track days as far as auto cross etc. most of my driving would be cruising, and maybe taking it to work a few days a week. With all the traffic down here I have limited “spirited driving” room persay. So I’d say the R is out for me regardless.

Have you considered a CT4 or CT5 Blackwing? Luxury muscle might be better for heavy traffic work?

LS WUT

Established Member
Have you considered a CT4 or CT5 Blackwing? Luxury muscle might be better for heavy traffic work?
I have not considered one of those No. I do have the hellcat charger that’s an automatic, and the seats are comfortable. I’m sure not to the degree of the Cadillac of course. I love the way the GT350 looks, and sounds. I can’t contest too much of the driving aspect. That was my concern. I know not all cars are crazy comfortable. However I still drive my black cobra a week or so at a time about 60-70 miles a day for work.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I have not considered one of those No. I do have the hellcat charger that’s an automatic, and the seats are comfortable. I’m sure not to the degree of the Cadillac of course. I love the way the GT350 looks, and sounds. I can’t contest too much of the driving aspect. That was my concern. I know not all cars are crazy comfortable. However I still drive my black cobra a week or so at a time about 60-70 miles a day for work.

If you are concerned about comfort, I would not get the Ricardos…. i had them in my ’14 500 and hated those things, the bolsters used to dig into my lats… waaay too narrow of a seat….

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I really like the GT350, but there's honestly not much you can do to it to make it better without ruining it. For that reason, And a few others, I'd prefer a Mach 1 (which would probably get a blower).

Bdubbs on here got a 350 recently.

Can’t ping him on the app for some reason.

The numbers when people were putting blowers on them were pretty wild. Think they were in the 850wheel range or something.

I know you said stock but just throwing it out there as an option down the road in case you’re annoyed by the lack of low end power. I’d see people complain that they don’t do much below 4K rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Ford did something to the later model ones that bumped up the bottom end power. The early cars were disappointing, but the newer ones I've driven were better.

“Issues/quirts” aside its a fantastic DRIVERS car. It is truly multidimensional. Plenty of power to rip around town and get in trouble doing illegal things. Not gonna be king of the highway but will surely have a smile from ear to ear driving the thing from stop light to stop light or a proper road course setting.

P.S: forgot to add that as much as I hate the s550 looks…. The 350 track pack, IMO, is the nicest looking mustang that Ford has made.

Fair assessment. GT350 is IMO the best S550, but wouldn't be my first choice to buy.

Great color. Would look good next to my L.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
If you are concerned about comfort, I would not get the Recaros…. i had them in my ’14 500 and hated those things, the bolsters used to dig into my lats… waaay too narrow of a seat….

The seats in the 350 were slightly different for 2015 and up, and were changed again in 2019 to be little wider in the hips.

I had a 2017 on order back in 2017, deal fell thru for reasons not worth getting into, but the one I sat in in the showroom was VERY tight and dig in like you said.

The 2020 seats, while visually looking the same, were much more comfortable

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
>20 has predator block, different wheels and gt500 spoiler. It is sort of between base and R of previous years.

I thought hard about getting one of these to build but passed. FPC is just too much of a weakness.

I would get a mach track pack if there is any chance you are thinking of mods.

He gets it

If you buy one, you MUST buy a 20+ for the improved powertrain hardware.

Even then, swapping to a cross plane crank config is the true way to longevity -- but then the heart of what is "GT350" is obviously gone.

IDK... I think they look great. A 20+ might be worth the gamble.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Also OP.... you'll hate the lack of bottom end power coming from PD blower cars. Like driving a Honda S2000 but with 8 cylinders lol. Ok, bit of exaggeration, but you get the idea.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'll deliver for free, to you.

I have a trade:

IMG_E2177crop.jpg

He gets it

If you buy one, you MUST buy a 20+ for the improved powertrain hardware.

Even then, swapping to a cross plane crank config is the true way to longevity -- but then the heart of what is "GT350" is obviously gone.

IDK... I think they look great. A 20+ might be worth the gamble.

Remind me to buy some 350 cranks as part of my retirement plan.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The seats in the 350 were slightly different for 2015 and up, and were changed again in 2019 to be little wider in the hips.

I had a 2017 on order back in 2017, deal fell thru for reasons not worth getting into, but the one I sat in in the showroom was VERY tight and dig in like you said.

The 2020 seats, while visually looking the same, were much more comfortable

wasnt aware that they had different configurations of Ricardos throughout the years…

the one I drove and violated on the streets did not have the Ricardos and the seats were much much more comfortable that my Shelby’s. Them seats felt like vice grips on my upper back (hips werent a problem tho)….

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Also OP.... you'll hate the lack of bottom end power coming from PD blower cars. Like driving a Honda S2000 but with 8 cylinders lol. Ok, bit of exaggeration, but you get the idea.

Everyone talks about that, but I didnt bro…. Honest to God… The 350 is a far far superior car vs my old 14’ 500….

the only way this will not be true is if you are a knuckle dragging, life living 1/4 mile at a time bro…

then again, there is the reliability issues with the 350…. So its back to Trinity… lol

I actually miss my 1LE mullet more than the shelbro

Users who are viewing this thread