Throttle body questions

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
so i have searched on several forums and sites and have found NO hard evidence if throttle bodies have any actual power increases.

Does anyone have any dyno sheets or anything showing the need or benefit of going from a stock TB to a sbtb (LFP, accufab or any of them).

Sean

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Unless you're really moving some air you won't see any power gain from a TB. You tend to find other bottlenecks holding back power before the TB becomes a problem.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Only thing that might happen is to get a feeling the truck is faster. Meaning part throttle or "tip-in" with a SBTB flows more ait than part throttle with a stocker or a ported stocker. Once WOT happens if it's not needed it'll do the same thing power wise.

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
so i have searched on several forums and sites and have found NO hard evidence if throttle bodies have any actual power increases.

Does anyone have any dyno sheets or anything showing the need or benefit of going from a stock TB to a sbtb (LFP, accufab or any of them).

Sean

I found the same thing and drew the same obvious conclusion. however I grabbed mine at a very good price with the mindset of "looking forward" and threw it on for the hell of it.

Tim Skelton did some writing about them (you may have read it) and he pretty much rated it as not required until running big power.

Users who are viewing this thread