throttle body size

SGMPhil

The Sergeant Major
Established Member
most seem to think so, although just getting a new intake will serve same purpose and yield more power....not sure what route ill go

Which intake(s) are you considering? Some claim to add a lot of performance, mileage, etc. but the cost is much higher (obviously). That option may be worth the money - I'd like to hear what you and others think of that. Also - is a re-tune necessary?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Which intake(s) are you considering? Some claim to add a lot of performance, mileage, etc. but the cost is much higher (obviously). That option may be worth the money - I'd like to hear what you and others think of that. Also - is a re-tune necessary?

well to save money some guys do the resonator delete and a airraid drop in filter for better flow...no tune necessary

however JLT intakes are very good and yield good power but a tune would be necessary, so thats more money. Its really all relative to whats more important ( price, performance, warranty?) an intake wont affect warranty but a tune certainly will...just things to think about

im leaning towards resonator, airraid drop in and done

SGMPhil

The Sergeant Major
Established Member
well to save money some guys do the resonator delete and a airraid drop in filter for better flow...no tune necessary

however JLT intakes are very good and yield good power but a tune would be necessary, so thats more money. Its really all relative to whats more important ( price, performance, warranty?) an intake wont affect warranty but a tune certainly will...just things to think about

im leaning towards resonator, airraid drop in and done

This may be a nice compromise:
K&N Mustang Cold Air Intake (10-12 GT500) 63-2579 - Free Shipping!

Not too high priced and claims no re-tune necessary. I am not sure how much better a unit like this would be over the stock intake.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I honestly would not rush anyway, give it a couple weeks for the tuners and shops to release data then make your choice

speednutz

Established Member
thanks, im just ordering up parts....

What ya ordering?

I did a bunch of stuff to my Challenger when I had it; New CAI, Throttle Body, Fuel Rails, Tuner and other stuff and at the end of the day, I couldn't really tell much difference.
The only gain I think was the Throttle body in that it took some of the Lag out of the acceleration......... really not worth it.

Turbo mach1

Established Member
What ya ordering?

I did a bunch of stuff to my Challenger when I had it; New CAI, Throttle Body, Fuel Rails, Tuner and other stuff and at the end of the day, I couldn't really tell much difference.
The only gain I think was the Throttle body in that it took some of the Lag out of the acceleration......... really not worth it.

Just small stuff to start. Throttle body, cai, and x pipe. Then after a few weeks of r&d we will put a whipple on it.

Turbo mach1

Established Member
And of course a pulley swap, but I don't think the pulley swap will be as effective as it was on previous supercharged cars. I think ford didn't leave as much on the table this time, whine 15lbs of boost vs 8-10lbs in previous years.

carguy19

Established Member
the way the snout of the blower is designed, its not going to be likely that a smaller blower pulley is going to be a possibility.

The crank pulley is going to be the only option it seems.

Turbo mach1

Established Member
the way the snout of the blower is designed, its not going to be likely that a smaller blower pulley is going to be a possibility.

The crank pulley is going to be the only option it seems.

I think your right on that, plus I think the blower is already at max efficacy maybe get 3-4 more lbs out of it. Time for a 4.0 whipple.

Users who are viewing this thread