Throttle Body Upgrades

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Im sure most of you already know, but I figured Id drop an observation I made after doing some tinkering today...

I picked up a Kong 108MM Throttle Body on the cheap and decided to verify fitment with the stock blower without port or adaptor plate.

First, the KONG is MASSIVE compared to the Stock 92mm.
108mmKONG.jpg

Second, It doesn't exactly "Fit."
IMG_1141.jpg

As you can see you will need a port job or adaptor plate like the one VMP sells to make it work on the stock set up.

You will also need a different Throttle Body to pipe connection as the typical JLT is set to the factory TB size.

Zemedici

Established Member
Im sure most of you already know, but I figured Id drop an observation I made after doing some tinkering today...

I picked up a Kong 108MM Throttle Body on the cheap and decided to verify fitment with the stock blower without port or adaptor plate.

First, the KONG is MASSIVE compared to the Stock 92mm.
View attachment 1783887

Second, It doesn't exactly "Fit."
View attachment 1783888
As you can see you will need a port job or adaptor plate like the one VMP sells to make it work on the stock set up.

You will also need a different Throttle Body to pipe connection as the typical JLT is set to the factory TB size.

Same happens ‘supposedly’ if you bolt a 108mm on a stock Hellcat snout. Haven’t tested personally though

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a VMP unit I picked up that was purchased and never installed by another owner and it's waiting on installation after I send mine for a port.

Users who are viewing this thread