Throttle body

socalrdnck

Established Member
Ok so it's time to upgrade my throttle body. What tb does everyone recommend? Also I'm fully tuned so will putting a new/larger to throw off my af ratio on my tune by a lot and will I need to retune after install?

Thanks guys

bubblehead93

Established Member
Looks like you have an eaton based on your sig, ported or not, you would be best served with a ported, smoothed stocker unless you are going to go the 2.93/6# upper/lower route, then perhaps a dragon... POSI has posted once or twice on recommendations here...

With respect to a re-tune, yes... you will flow more air, MAF XFR Function at the least will need some tweaking... that was my experience as a PRP guy when I home ported mine...

r/
Andy

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If you buy a tb now and want to put it on your Eaton you'll need the throttle body and the plenum which is going to cost more. Then on a stock unported Eaton you won't see any power gains more than likely. It'll feel faster at part throttle because the tb flows so much more air than the stock one but at full throttle the car won't know the difference because it's not needed yet.

Here's the testing I did from a while back with some interesting results.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?664918-Ported-Throttle-Body-Testing

Users who are viewing this thread