Throttle Cable snapped/got loose

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
Was driving my 04 cobra, doing about 65, speed up to about 80 in 6th gear, let off, got back on the gas an the pedal went all the way down an i had no throttle, pulled over, car turns off, guessing since theirs no throttle?
Turns on fine but shuts right off, checked my cable, very loose, i can pull it an the gas pedal moves with it, not sure if it snapped off or got loose. Any input?

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
If I can remember the plastic piece that holds the cable just snaps on a little arm on the throttle body. Did that come off? I've got a extra stock and a ported stock throttle body if you need one

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
If I can remember the plastic piece that holds the cable just snaps on a little arm on the throttle body. Did that come off? I've got a extra stock and a ported stock throttle body if you need one
I dont believe I need a throttle body, i just had my brother turn on the car an i pulled on the throttle cable an yet it still instantly died on me

hotcobra03

Established Member
It should still run with no cable.

Maybe Tps went ..

Mine starts even with Tps Un plugged.

What mods if any are done to car

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
It should still run with no cable.

Maybe Tps went ..

Mine starts even with Tps Un plugged.

What mods if any are done to car
That what I was thinking it should still run, could be I haven't unplugged it yet, i'm cleaning the IAC sensor now. I have a jlt CAI, an a x pipe, other than that suspension work an nothing else

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
Put the cleaned IAC back on, an still turns on, an dies right away no idle or anything. I know i have to tighten the cable, since its really loose to where I can move the pedal with one finger tug on the cable by the TB

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
Whats your vacuum reading? I had similar issue on another car and it was bad vacuum leak.
Turns out it was my MAF, i have the highboost cai that runs into my fender wall, so I looked at it, an it was completely off hanging from just the MAF connection. Have no idea how it came undone since I was 10% throttle when I sped up. An I guess the throttle cable is supposed to be loose

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
It's kind of loose yeah. There is at least a couple inches of slack in it. I just had mine apart. That's why I keep commenting on it. Fresh in my mind. And those fender CAI are terrible IMO. Not bashing you, just saying. I don't like them. Some do and yeah it's possible that the pull colder air but they look like a PITA to me. Glad you got it fixed. It's good to check those bolts on any CAI/RAI every couple months or so. They tend to back themselves off over time and really shouldn't be super tight anyways

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
It's kind of loose yeah. There is at least a couple inches of slack in it. I just had mine apart. That's why I keep commenting on it. Fresh in my mind. And those fender CAI are terrible IMO. Not bashing you, just saying. I don't like them. Some do and yeah it's possible that the pull colder air but they look like a PITA to me. Glad you got it fixed. It's good to check those bolts on any CAI/RAI every couple months or so. They tend to back themselves off over time and really shouldn't be super tight anyways
This is my second fender CAI, first one was on my 95 GT, an never had that problem, it was a PITA lol yeah I learned from yesterday to check it out every other month from now on. Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread