Throttle Response problem.. Help!

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
So I was driving my Cobra and it started to rain like hell, I got home safe but when I started my car to drive the next day, the gas pedal felt "sticky" when I first pressed it in. Imagine sticky tac in my throttle body, that's the sensation. Once it gets going, the pedal feels fine, but my motor "lags" until about 2500-3000 rpm, then jumps back to full power. It's like irmcs opening X5. I figured the MAF sensor could be wet and once it dried my car would be ok, but now it's been 3 days and no change. Maybe my MAF is toast, needs to be cleaned? Perhaps my motor took in a little water? Any help is appreciated!

Note: it only started happening the day after a crazy rain, the next time I drove it, has never never done this before and my I have a JLT Cold Air Intake off my Vortech blower with a draw through MAF on the CAI.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Take the maf and filter off and clean them. They prob sucked up a bunch of water. That's the reason I went blow through on mine. After ruining a motor because of water.

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
Take the maf and filter off and clean them. They prob sucked up a bunch of water. That's the reason I went blow through on mine. After ruining a motor because of water.

Ok, I will do that tomorrow. I have sucked up water into my motor before, in fact, it bent my rods and thats how I got a built motor so I know all about that.

If anyone else has an idea, feel free to post it:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread