Thru the floor subframe connectors.

Phxcobra

Established Member
There's a shop here that quoted $2000 for custom through the floor subframes. Guy said afterwards, it's essentially a fully framed car. Does that price seem reasonable for something like that? I know the materials aren't that expenive i don't think, but is the price fair for the work involved?

steve121

Established Member
There's a shop here that quoted $2000 for custom through the floor subframes. Guy said afterwards, it's essentially a fully framed car. Does that price seem reasonable for something like that? I know the materials aren't that expenive i don't think, but is the price fair for the work involved?

I had them done in my car for $350 when I had my cage installed. When I checked a few years ago the going rate was less than $400.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

I would think, technically, the only thing custom about them is cutting them to length and capping the ends off. Aren't they pretty much straight square tube? Welding them on shouldn't be more than $200 as long as you pull the interior yourself.

racebronco2

Established Member
I would think, technically, the only thing custom about them is cutting them to length and capping the ends off. Aren't they pretty much straight square tube? Welding them on shouldn't be more than $200 as long as you pull the interior yourself.

The subframes do not align therefor there is a couple of angle cuts that need to be made. There is no way it should cost 2000.00 even if they did the job from start to finish. 100.00 in parts, 200.00 to cut and prep floors, 400.00 to weld them in and maybe 300.00 to remove and re-install the interior. At the most i would guess 1000.00 and that's figuring it high.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
Up-date ..... most of the initial oversteer was because of a loose rear wheel bearing so the ttfsfc didn't make as big of a difference that i thought they did. The car seems to be much more solid then before. If you have driven some of the german car and them drove our cars then you would know what i am talking about. I am still getting used to it .... on track 8-8-09 saturday i was catching a modded gtr (carbon fiber hood, wing, sideskirts, and aftermarket exhaust) after about 2 laps he slowed down like he was having problems, i passed him and them i caught slower traffic (ferrari 430) and he almost caught me. We both flew past the ferrari and caught another slower car (c5 corvette) and this time he was about a car length behind, we had to wait for passing zone, the vette quickly got out of our way. I knew it was going to be a drag race and just hoped i had enough .... from 70mph to about 125mph i pulled him by a little more then a car length but knew he would catch me in the 110mph+ sweeper but he backed off like he was having problems again. Tired to find later in the day but he had taken off already.:shrug:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Very cool, Carlos.

Long sweepers and backing off like having issues? Sounds like fuel starvation issues. Been there.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
Very cool, Carlos.

Long sweepers and backing off like having issues? Sounds like fuel starvation issues. Been there.

He was only backing off in the faster sweeper (110mph+) ... the 85mph+ sweeper he had no problems. I think maybe his car was getting too hot:shrug:

Teksid281

Banned
Bronco the stuff you do reminds me of all the things I day dream about at work LOL. Seriously though, great work on the ttfsfcs from one metal worker to another. I am currently in the middle of a build on my car (albeit a much slower and cheaper one :lol:) and I would love to do a custom sfc setup but am not sure how beneficial it would be for my setup as I do not open track the car. Where did you purchase your stock?

racebronco2

Established Member
I buy all my metal from a metal supply house. The lengths come in 20ft stock so i always have enough left over to do the project twice. I have been thinking about it for about 3 years and finally did the ttfsfc. For a street car it would be a waste. Now sfc with jacking rails would help to stiffen the chassis and would help in jacking the car up.

racebronco2

Established Member
Latest up-date on the feel of the car

Went to the track with cocoa (orange county shelby club) this weekend. The car feels so much more planted everywhere, it sure gives the driver alot of confidence. Pkwest was there and was able to get some video. He is still getting used to his car and it looked like he was getting more comfortable very session. He was keeping up pretty good with a panoz gt-ra race car ( 2600lbs and 250hp with 275's ). I had problems on saturday but sunday i was ready to see if i could keep up with the panoz. Well i kept up passed and continued to pull away every lap. I also was playing with a 1997 nascar which out powered me on the back straight but i caught him in the 120mph sweeper and got a better line thru the last turn and passed him on the front straight. He was a couple of cars behind but a tire went and he had to go to the pits for repairs. I am sure i am at least 1 maybe 2 seconds faster with the ttfsfc installed.

Users who are viewing this thread