THSCC/TZC May 28-29 VIR "Playing Hooky"

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
For those of you that may be coming down for the SVTCMC VIR event May 30-Jun 1, there is also a THSCC/TZC Full Course VIR event on May 28-29.

I'll be there with the 01 convertible.

Bruce,

Stacy said you are bringing a couple of folks with you from the Midwest. If anyone in your group needs anything (on or off the track), let me know. I have been running with and a member of THSCC for a couple of years now. I hope you will not be dissapointed and I want to hear of any feedback (positive and negative).

The skidpad will be open for a nominal fee. I did it a couple of times back in April and (when done properly without playing) is a great exercise in car control.

I live in Mooresville (Race City USA, baby) and if anyone needs anything from the BSR, Simpson, etc. outlets, just give me a yell.

Also, I'd like to get a ride in your Cobra R if you have an open seat in one of the sessions.

I look forward to seeing more Mustangs on track. There are usually only two or three of us spread across all the run groups.

Kevin

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Kevin:

There are a few of us Midwesterners coming besides myself. Let's see there' s Dean with his fast AI SN-95 Mustang race car. I'm not sure what year that is though. Darwin in the surprisingly fast Fox Body. I'm pretty sure Dave "Cheater Pants" is also coming with his Corvette. (C5Z06) And Clay is bringing his '01 Cobra "Fear Mr. Whipple". There is a chance Lew is coming but I don't think he's bringing a car. He's just going to be tagging along with Peter is my understanding.

There are three Canadians coming. Mike and Thomas in their blinding fast '99 Cobra (with Boxter for a back-up car) and also Peter with his Vette! :rollseyes We let him bring the Corvette because he lets us pass him! ;-)

I don't see any reasons why I couldn't give you a ride in the R. That is IF the car is done by then. Right now the motor is out of it and we're waiting for the dry sump system to come in. I'm bringing a friend to assist with pit duties so he's going to be looking for some rides as payment for his services. :poke: I hope I don't have to bring the Shelby! :whine:

The only thing I can think of that I might need would be a fuel run somewhere in there. I'm going to be bringing my motorhome so I'll be camping in the paddock and hunkered down for the duration. :-D I have 13 fuel jugs but I'm not sure that will get me 5 days of running? :read:

I'm looking forward to meeting you and driving VIR once again! :pepper: I have not been there since November of '05!!! :cryying:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
For those of you that may be coming down for the SVTCMC VIR event May 30-Jun 1, there is also a THSCC/TZC Full Course VIR event on May 28-29.

I'll be there with the 01 convertible.

Bruce,

Stacy said you are bringing a couple of folks with you from the Midwest. If anyone in your group needs anything (on or off the track), let me know. I have been running with and a member of THSCC for a couple of years now. I hope you will not be dissapointed and I want to hear of any feedback (positive and negative).

The skidpad will be open for a nominal fee. I did it a couple of times back in April and (when done properly without playing) is a great exercise in car control.

I live in Mooresville (Race City USA, baby) and if anyone needs anything from the BSR, Simpson, etc. outlets, just give me a yell.

Also, I'd like to get a ride in your Cobra R if you have an open seat in one of the sessions.

I look forward to seeing more Mustangs on track. There are usually only two or three of us spread across all the run groups.

Kevin

Kevin:
Thanks for the hospitality :thumbsup: I would be glad to open a seat up for you :coolman:
Darwin (foxbody), Dave (ZO6), Dennis (99 Cobra), Tim (97 Bondurant Cobra)
and myself will be there from Wis/IL and are hitting the BMW event at Mid Ohio the weekend prior and arriving at VIR Monday night.
Can't wait :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Myself (93R) and John Pfeiffer (87 Mustang race car) will be in attendance as well. I think Detroit still counts as the Midwest, doesn't it?

Hopefully none of us will need to take advantage of your hospitality if you know what I mean!

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Sounds like a good showing from the Mustang contingent. My club members will not know what hit them!!!!! There should be plenty of Vettes and Porsches for you to run with. Beware of the yellow Ultima GTR. I am not sure if David will be coming out, but if he does, it is normally the fastest thing on the track.

As you know, there is fuel at the track and a couple of gas stations down the road in Milton, NC and a BP (which I use) just a bit farther on the other side of Milton. I normally drive my truck and tow the 99, but with it out of commission, I will probably just drive the 01 to and from the track. If you need a fuel run, let me know and I can round up a truck or two to help carry some jugs.

I'll be staying in the North Paddock suites and will be hanging around one of the garages. I may also be working grid if they need me, so I am sure I will run into some of you somewhere.

Kevin

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Kevin:
Thanks for the hospitality :thumbsup: I would be glad to open a seat up for you :coolman:
Darwin (foxbody), Dave (ZO6), Dennis (99 Cobra), Tim (97 Bondurant Cobra)
and myself will be there from Wis/IL and are hitting the BMW event at Mid Ohio the weekend prior and arriving at VIR Monday night.
Can't wait :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Clay:

So the whole gang's going to be there. Glad to hear Dennis, "On It Like Blue Bonnet" and Tim are also coming! You may have told me that? I have a good memory, it's just short! ;-)

Too bad we can't talk Marv into joining us. He'll probably be working on someone's car! :idea:

Myself (93R) and John Pfeiffer (87 Mustang race car) will be in attendance as well. I think Detroit still counts as the Midwest, doesn't it?

Hopefully none of us will need to take advantage of your hospitality if you know what I mean!

Mark:

I thought you said you were doing the SCMC event, but not this one because you were going to Watkins Glen afterwards? :shrug: It would be great if you and John joined us! :-D We can get a regular Mustang Conga Line going there! :pepper: "Only Mustang makes it happen"! (am I showing my age remembering that!?!?) :p

93SVTCobra

Established Member
We are going to try to make this event as well. Really depends on whether we can get away from work.

I know where that phrase came from and you are definitely showing your age!!!!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
We are going to try to make this event as well. Really depends on whether we can get away from work.

Cool! :coolman:

You can always use the excuse you're going to be doing some research for work!?!? :idea: There will be some Fords there!!!! :read:

I know where that phrase came from and you are definitely showing your age!!!!

I'm pretty sure you remember it from reading in the marketing history of the Mustang, not from hearing it on TV!!! ;-):poke:

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Grand Am Rolex cars are racing at VIR this weekend. SPEED channel has live coverage

(public service announcement):pepper:

wheelhopper

Established Member
That's what I am saying. After seeing the various videos and wanting to see his track modded R, it won't be there. Oh well, I can still pick his brain.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Say it ain't so!!!!! Bruce won't be bringing the Cobra R??????

Kevin

Tis a sad day! :( But the heart transplant in the R will be worth the wait! :pepper:

That's what I am saying. After seeing the various videos and wanting to see his track modded R, it won't be there. Oh well, I can still pick his brain.
You can pick what's left of my brain! How's that?! ;-):poke::p

Lumpydogs

Established Member
I don't know much about the current work on his Cobra R but I do know that when Bruce is at the track:
His Grill is Hot;
His Beer is Cold;
He wont stay in-line behind the Vettes;
He'll be driving a Red Ford;
& Quiet time means he turns down the stereo (just a little) :pepper:

13 days till VIR :-D

wheelhopper

Established Member
Sweet. started getting the car ready today. Bleeding brakes, checking the rear suspension for anything funny.

I am also making a camera mount for my car since I don't have a rollbar I am having to make a secure interior mount.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
What happened to the engine?

Nothing! :pepper: I wanted to be the first guy that pounded the living crap out of his 2000 Cobra R motor to have it completely original and intact when I pulled it out of the car! :idea: Then it will sit on an engine stand in my shop with a plaque that reads:

"Original 2000 Cobra R engine
Low mileage
Driven only on the weekends by an old man
removed from car in perfect working order
Not for sale"

:-D

If I had to guess...(and I do because I don't KNOW)... I wouldn't put it past Bruce to stick some 10 or 10 1/2 to one pistons in there.:dw::shrug:

Whatever he's doing, I seriously doubt it will be the same or slower.:-D:beer:

Well, to be perfectly honest with you Jimmy, when I bought the motor it had some crazy ass 13.5-1 (I'm not sure exactly, just guessing) pistons in it. I sure as hell wasn't going to be tracking a car that needed jet fuel at $9.00 a gallon! :eek: I'm not sure if you know how cheap I am! ;-) So the huge delay was getting some 11.5-1 pistons made so I can run the Sam's Club race fuel! :p It's an aluminum block and should put out a bit more HP than the original motor! Well, I hope so anyway?! :dw:

I don't know much about the current work on his Cobra R but I do know that when Bruce is at the track:
His Grill is Hot;
His Beer is Cold;
He wont stay in-line behind the Vettes;
He'll be driving a Red Ford;
& Quiet time means he turns down the stereo (just a little) :pepper:

13 days till VIR :-D

That sounds about right! I hope there's no quiet time at VIR?!?! :fart: I only have room for the little speakers because of all the crap I have to bring! :cryying: But the little speakers are just fine! ;-)

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
Is it possible to just show up and run some? I didnt want to put a cage in my vert and if all goes well my S trimed 97 Cobra Coupe will be delivered on Wednesday. No better way I could think of to break it in!

Who do I contact? Who and how much do I pay?

Users who are viewing this thread