Thug Kills 2 officers in IOWA

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Really surprised this wasn't posted until now:rolleyes:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-officers-shot-killed-ambush-attack-iowa/story?id=43238960

Two police officers were shot and killed in an apparent ambush attack early this morning near Des Moines, Iowa.

Officials have launched a statewide manhunt for the suspect, who has been identified as 46-year-old Urbandale resident Scott Michael Greene. Greene was last known to be driving a blue 2011 Ford truck. He is believed to be armed and should be considered dangerous, according to the Des Moines and Urbandale police departments.

Shortly after 1 a.m. local time, officers responded to a report of shots fired in the suburb of Urbandale, a few miles from Des Moines. They found an Urbandale Police Department officer who had been fatally shot sitting alone in his patrol vehicle, police said.

Minutes later, officers found a Des Moines Police Department police officer who had also been shot in his patrol car at an intersection in the capital city. The wounded officer was transported to a local hospital where he died, police said.

“In all appearances it looks just like that, the officers were ambushed,” Sgt. Paul Parizek of the Des Moines Police Department said at a press conference this morning. “On the surface right now, like I said, we are just a few hours into this. It doesn’t look like there was any interaction between these officers and whoever the coward is who shot that while they sat in their cars.”

Parizek expressed grave concern for the safety of police officers in the area.

“There is clearly danger if you are a police officer. These guys were gunned down, sitting in their car, doing nothing wrong,” he said. “So there is definitely some danger out there, there is someone out there shooting police officers. We hope we find him before anyone else gets hurt. We definitely don’t want anyone in the public or in the community to get hurt, but there is a clear and present danger to police officers right now."

Parizek said the law enforcement agency has doubled up its officers on patrol in the meantime.

“We are very well aware that the society that we are living in right now and the time, there are some not so positive views of law enforcement that a certain segment of our population holds. So we are as vigilant as we can be and still provide the service we need to provide,” Parizek told reporters.

There was no radio traffic between the fallen officers and dispatch during the shootings, police said. It is unclear if the officers were equipped with dashboard or body cameras at the time they were shot.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Interesting how the article mentions the color of the car but not the person. Has it become racist to even call a person what they are now?

BTW i could care less what color they are. By the name I would assume white, but who knows.

oldmodman

Established Member
Interesting how the article mentions the color of the car but not the person. Has it become racist to even call a person what they are now?

BTW i could care less what color they are. By the name I would assume white, but who knows.

Here in Los Angeles, one of the BIGGEST TV markets in the world, none of the TV stations identify the criminal by race. UNLESS the criminal is WHITE. I guess it is no longer PC to be in any way disparaging to any minorities.

As a matter of fact one of the stations even muted the audio for the one second during a Police update when a murderer was identified by race. But the criminals race was obvious from the security camera footage.

Strange Days we live in now.

RIP Officers. I'm afraid they won't be the last. Maybe it's time to up armor all the cop cars.

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Here in Los Angeles, one of the BIGGEST TV markets in the world, none of the TV stations identify the criminal by race. UNLESS the criminal is WHITE. I guess it is no longer PC to be in any way disparaging to any minorities.

Not true. I constantly hear them identify the race of a suspect. I mostly watch Fox though so I don't know if what you're describing is the case on any of the other networks.

Mach828

Established Member
Need to make his punishment so severe that it will send a message to thugs around the country. Ambush a cop, you will pay dearly. This is when the death penalty might not be enough....

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Need to make his punishment so severe that it will send a message to thugs around the country. Ambush a cop, you will pay dearly. This is when the death penalty might not be enough....

They need to do this with murder, rape, and sexual assault period.

I'm sorry, when you commit these acts, you are no longer a human being and should not be treated as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbj5259

Established Member
RIP to the officers and may their familes get justice. I hope they get to push the needle in this animals arm someday.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Interesting how a guy says stuff like this then does what he did.

m8uk33fww51c.png

Users who are viewing this thread