Ti-vct!!! Help!!!

contreteman

Built 5.0
Established Member
OK, here's what I've got.......it seems at no matter my boost level, my ti-vct acts up at high rpm at WOT.... ..I've logged numerous pulls, and intake and exhaust cam timing goes to 0 at around 6000 rpm......sometimes little under, and sometimes over....and from time to time I can make a full pull with out it acting up........connection issue????????? I'm not sure what it could be......any help or info is GREATLY appreciated!!!! Thanks...

contreteman

Built 5.0
Established Member
Do we know if that fixed that guys problem??? I have no problem trying that fix......it seems to be on all 4 solenoids though?.....what does the wire from the solenoids go to? Strait to pcm?

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Idk. You might want to message him and ask. The last time he was one was
Last Activity: 09-14-2012 01:04 PM so he still comes to the forums.

contreteman

Built 5.0
Established Member
I def try to get in touch with him.....maybe someone else knows what it is if I can't.....I appreciate that info!!!!!

lucasjm

Established Member
One of the reasons for the new solenoid was to mold in a new connector interface. There were issues in the field with the terminals losing contact due to the extreme vibration. This was mainly seen on the Boss motor as it revs higher. I would assume that the female connector which mates to the solenoid is wired into the powerpack harness. From there I would assume it goes straight to a PCM connector as it has no need to go into the main body harness. No guarantee that swapping them out will fix the issue.

contreteman

Built 5.0
Established Member
It seems that whatever it is that's losing connection controls all 4 solenoids...... sense they all seem to fail all at once.....unless, if one solenoid messes up it triggers the others to the neutral position as well.......I'm just brain storming out loud here.....thanks for the info!!!!!! All info is super helpful......

Radar Doc

Established Member
What if the cam timing is just a symptom? Maybe the cams are commanded that way because the computer isn't happy about something. Any other PIDs going wild under those conditions? What's your spark plug gap? Has the car always acted this way with the supercharger or is this something new?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
my TIVCT solenoid issues came on early. Going WOT around 3k the car would take off, then sound like a subaru then go again. pretty odd sound.

contreteman

Built 5.0
Established Member
It just started this withib the last month.....it could be a symptom.....something may be causing it to react to something else going on.....I'm just not sure....it seems as if its a connection problem, or as you said, it may be commanded to do it b/c of something else going a stray.....throttle position, load, maf, pedal position..... I don't know yet, but I hope I vet it figured out soon

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
If you can get a solid scan tool like an IDS on there you should be able to monitor actual vs commanded position and determine if it's cause or effect.

contreteman

Built 5.0
Established Member
I believe live link has a pid for desired.....do you think that is commanded? .....another thing to mention is that when I let of the throttle they go to 0 as well ( they are supposed to).... I have logged actual throttle blade angle and it stays open, but I've not logged the actual pedal sensor itself..... if that sensor is saying I'm lifting it could be a cause........but like I say....it isn't every time.... that's kind of weird

Users who are viewing this thread