Tial QR question

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I ordered a Tial QR with the 1.34 outlet tube size for recirculating it back into the intake tube. Well when i got it i received the one with the 1" outlet. I already talked to who i ordered it from, he is working on getting it switched out for me, but if i don't need it then i will just keep this one. Also, from what it looks like comparing the different size outlets Tial offers each one still has the same size outlet where it starts(1") but it tapers to whatever dia. you pick. Do you guys think it is going to make a huge difference? This is my first time recirculating one that's why i ask. if you don't know my setup already this is on an F1A that will be running 18psi on pump and 25psi on C16.

Last edited:

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Here is a comparison of the two outlets, see how the both have the same dia. where the outlet starts, but the bigger one just tapers out to the 1.34" dia. thats what makes me think that the dif. size won't make a difference unless you already are running the bigger tube and then this will just accommodate that.

here is the 1.34" outlet:
QRb_zps4d9cea26.gif

here is the 1" outlet:
d_6427_zps54890aec.jpg

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Looks to me like they both have a minimum diameter of 1" which would they both flow the same. My guess would be the only reason the offer the larger one is to accommodate other applications, or tube size.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Those were my thoughts on it also. But i figured i'd ask here and see what everyone else's thoughts were.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Well I mean as far as keeping up with the flow of the f1a and keeping noise down, I'm sure 1" is plenty to keep up but you never know. Forgive me as its early but brbov? Big red race valve?

vadorsnake04

Established Member
ya it is early lol. for some reason i put it as BRBOV(Big Red Blow Off Valve) instead of BRRV(Big Red Race Valve).

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
From what I have seen the QR is terrible at releasing high boost pressure. I think someone on here ran one and immediately had surging issues at only like 15psi.

triple-s

Established Member
Please keep us posted I'm also interested in this the big red is starting to be a little annoying and didn't know they made a plumb back that can handle a f1a.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
From what I have seen the QR is terrible at releasing high boost pressure. I think someone on here ran one and immediately had surging issues at only like 15psi.

If he's dead set on keeping it quiet there's an easy fix for that.... Use 2 valves

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
I wouldn't consider an extra $280 spent on a second valve an easy fix. Luckily I didn't have to worry about that, my Alpha Q from Tial is near silent, not sure why they discontinued them.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I wouldn't consider an extra $280 spent on a second valve an easy fix. Luckily I didn't have to worry about that, my Alpha Q from Tial is near silent, not sure why they discontinued them.

280 ain't bad in my book to get exactly the results you're looking for

Users who are viewing this thread