Ticketed for Parking in Driveway

fastford2004

Established Member
This is going a little overboard if u ask me [ame="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80665529/"]Ticketed for Parking in Driveway Video@@AMEPARAM@@file=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/video/325/80665529.flv&mediaid=80665529&title=Ticketed for Parking in Driveway&tags=driveway,cheap,cops,law,ticket,news&description=Just how cheap are the cops getting?&displayheight=325&backcolor=0x0d0d0d&lightoclor=0x336699&frontcolor=0xcccccc&image=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2009/06/80665529/driveway.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@mediaFiles/video/325/80665529@@AMEPARAM@@80665529@@AMEPARAM@@Ticketed for Parking in Driveway@@AMEPARAM@@driveway,cheap,cops,law,ticket,news@@AMEPARAM@@Just how cheap are the cops getting?@@AMEPARAM@@2009/06/80665529/driveway.jpg[/ame] :shrug:

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
that is crazy. desperate for money? i was waiting for an excuse like the dirt or rock driveways are making the roads dirty. that guy seemed like a dick. if i was asking a question and he said any other questions right after id call him out as if the meeting wasnt even going on. just because your on camera and in an interview doesnt mean you should let that slide.

Last edited:

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
what a crock of shit! i would be ****ing pissed, they would be arresting me after that one! this kind of shit gets me fired up for some reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
If this sticks (and I wouldn't think it would) I'd first find if a brick driveway satisfies the law.

If it does I'd go to the Home Cheapo and buy about 20 paving bricks. Put 5 in a row on the ground, spaced that each tire sits squarely on 5 pavers.

Park on the pavers, then call the news again.

"Hey, we've 'legaled' up, want to come see?"

The law might not specify how much ground needs to be paved, this would illustrate how absurd things are there.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
i'd pull into my grass, next to my gravel driveway.

thats a joke though. " next question..im not answering that... "

BoostGhost

Established Member
If this sticks (and I wouldn't think it would) I'd first find if a brick driveway satisfies the law.

If it does I'd go to the Home Cheapo and buy about 20 paving bricks. Put 5 in a row on the ground, spaced that each tire sits squarely on 5 pavers.

Park on the pavers, then call the news again.

"Hey, we've 'legaled' up, want to come see?"

The law might not specify how much ground needs to be paved, this would illustrate how absurd things are there.

I agree, I'd have to find some smartass loop hole to suffice. Like the guy said, he doesn't have $5,000-6,000 to spend on a paved driveway. To that mayor... Karma is a b****.

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
That is definatley a good way to get hurt. You just can't come on private property with just cause (and yes coming on the property for a parking ticket is not just cause)

5point0guy

Established Member
That's insane! It's their property they can do whatever they want. The mayor seems like a total a-hole, I'm glad the councilman is doing something about it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow that is crazy. Good job by the councilman to step up and do something about it.

I agree! Seems like the mayor is using strong-arm politics here. Maybe it's time for a new mayor.

If the city has an ordinance about driveways having to be paved, than send a notice to ALL homeowners with unpaved driveways and give them a reasonable amount of time to have the work done. IMO that should be 2 years in light of our economy. Gives the homeowner enough time to save for the repair work. Either that or allow an alternative driveway fill such as gravel or crushed stone.

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
I bet next election the mayor doesn't get voted back, and the council man becomes new mayor.... What a JOKE!!!

mustang_00

Established Member
unless the neighbor hood has a covidence stating driveways have to be paved the city had no right getting involved. in all seriousness couldn't the owners got them for "trespassing" since their not meter maids/police handing out the ticket, just rogue city officials...!?

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
See the pic in my avatar?

Yea, i would love to see a civil servant jump my fence with my beware of dog sign to ticket my vehicle. Then i pray he/she pulls out a can of mace,baton or gun. That just turned it into breaking and entering with a weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread