Tiger Racing Hood question if anyone has it

RI_2011_GT

Established Member
I'm pretty sure Tiger makes a rain catch setup that attaches under the louvers, but it obstructs a lot of the airflow, IIRC. I'm just glad I live in Arizona.. it hardly rains here. Mine should be arriving on Monday :-D

When I talked with Paul he didn't mention a rain catch. He did tell me he raced all weekend in the rain with it.

keoni1984

Established Member
I'm pretty sure Tiger makes a rain catch setup that attaches under the louvers, but it obstructs a lot of the airflow, IIRC. I'm just glad I live in Arizona.. it hardly rains here. Mine should be arriving on Monday :-D

When I talked with Paul he didn't mention a rain catch. He did tell me he raced all weekend in the rain with it.

As a matter of fact, I DID NOT remember correctly. Copied from one of Paul's posts on s197forum..

For the record, water seems to come off the hood at speed due to the air being released from underneath. We have left a small lip at the bottom of each louver to help catch some water, but not a lot. Unfortunately to make a water proof hood pretty much eliminates the function of the louvers. I've played with a few designs and to do it cuts done on efficiently and actually drives the price up.
I would just try to fab up something like 908ssp did, although, I doubt it would really be much of an issue when driving in the rain. My main concern is getting water in there when washing the car.

908ssp

Established Member
I've driven my car with the Tiger hood in torrential down pour without any trouble. The air is coming up out of the vents prevents much of the water from going in. The deflector I made for mine see SC picture above is more than enough to prevent the water from pouring onto the filter. And the bottom of the filter box allows the water to drain out.

Rehagen racing sells the Tiger hood as does Kenny Brown.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Id be more worried about water getting on the coils/injectors/connectors than the air filter. Like stated above, its hard to suck up water through an air filter.

RI_2011_GT

Established Member
Pics of my hood...

IMG_7988.jpg

556503_10100353761535984_1030210272_n.jpg

386152_10100356039461004_301670404_n.jpg

Chris_Red_V8

Shiny.
Established Member
I honestly don't believe it poses any issue with the rain. I don't think the engine even with an open element cai could ingest enough water to be an issue.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
That hood is hideous! :xpl:

:dw: I LOVE this hood! Only reason why I would never run it is because the car is a DD and during the winter is stuck out in the rain for HOURS at a time. If it is true about the rain catch set up, I will have this hood on my car in the future.

2011 Mustsng

Tiger Racing Hood

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew where to get one of these hoods. I have been looking all over and cant seem to find one.

chicane23

Established Member
You can order the hoods without the vents being cut out, but that defeats the performance gains.
This hoods were designed with racing and performance in mind. This hood was tested by Ford Racing and Paul Brown in a Wind tunnel and in the Pirelli world challenge Series.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr40fdYmd2I
The Tiger Racing hood reduces lift on the front end during high-speed cornering and reduces engine temperatures. Race tested and race proven by the best racing teams in World Challenge.

Hoods can be ordered from the following:

Chicane23 (Tiger Racing)
Rehagen Racing
CorTex Racing

Jabooh1

Established Member
Thought about that actually. I had a saleen rear facia on a 95 GT and it had vents in it that I used solar screen on. Just thought the ABS honeycomb would look more OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread