Tiger Racing hood

haskett

Established Member
Rather than reviving ancient threads on this topic, I'm creating new...

Tiger Racing's Heat Extracting Race Hood, which previously was only available as a skin, is now available with factory mount points for latch and hinges (although pins are still recommended).

http://store.chicane23.com/body/tiger-racing-hood-1999-2004-gt.html

I ordered a fiberglass version today from John @ Chicane23. I will report back once I receive and evaluate.

gabe1530

Banned
Awesome, I'm interested in hearing how well the fitment is with the fiberglass version.
Very cool to see these out now.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
These need to be painted, correct, and the reason you're getting one is due to the fact you road race as I can see in your sig?

SlowSVT

Established Member
Is the CF version 100% CF or is it CF laminate over fiberglass? Looks like you need to open the vents yourself where they will become a bit flimsy but that hood should bleed major air over the car rather than under it. Not very pretty though but that would make a good road race hood.

haskett

Established Member
These need to be painted, correct, and the reason you're getting one is due to the fact you road race as I can see in your sig?
Yes, the FG hood needs to be dried in the sun, fitted and painted. I'm doing this for two reasons... 1) I damaged my stock hood , and 2) I road race the car and want to improve both the cooling and stability at high speed.

Is the CF version 100% CF or is it CF laminate over fiberglass? Looks like you need to open the vents yourself where they will become a bit flimsy but that hood should bleed major air over the car rather than under it. Not very pretty though but that would make a good road race hood.
John told me that the CF is 100% CF. Yes, it appears that the vents need to be opened up. If I'm concerned about them being too flimsy, I'll ask the bodyshop to strengthen the fiberglass.

I think the hood will be both very functional (the reason I am doing it) and also a nice look (icing on the cake).

SlowSVT

Established Member
I would not cut along the entire length of your louver and leave a web in the middle so you will have 2 openings per leaf. That should reduce or eliminate the louver from bowing.

What does the full CF hood weigh?

Users who are viewing this thread