time for a new clutch

tms217

Established Member
D&D is located in Wixom MI. But they did get my clutch to me in less than 4 days. They do have a couple different clutches. One which is like stock and the other that is 50% stronger. Its good to 550-600HP. The 26 spline is as 93SVT said. Its just stronger. I figured while I was in ther just replace it so I will not have to do it later...

93SVT#18

Established Member
Damn the mcloud is expensive. But i want that factory feel and no heavy pedal. I found the d&d website. It says it comes with a flywheel also but is it one of theirs or are they using some one elses like fidanza? Also according to d&d it dosnt come with release bearing. By mcloud it comes with release bearing and adjustable stud. How did yours come? Are there any supporting vendors here that sell mcloud?

tms217

Established Member
D&D sells just the clutch kit or if you want just the disc or pressure plate. The clutch kit with the disc, pressure plate, and TOB is only 299. You were looking at the twin disc setup.

93SVT#18

Established Member
so you have a mcloud with a single disc correct? what is there part #? How much does it supposed to hold up to power wise? Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

RJM03Cobra

10 second snake
Established Member
I destroyed factory, MCloud, and 2 Centerforce clutches, finnaly spec 5 held up for me but I drag race every friday night and launch a 3700 lb car w 600 ft pounds of torque. Last season with the 355 rear i had to launch at 6k or bog. Just put in 4:10 and detroit locker- should help. Thought about CFDFX but thats better for a primary street car occasional drag car- Spec 5 is noisy and on off though!

tms217

Established Member
I bought the Single Disc Mcloud from D&D their part number is C110 but this is with the 26 spline inputshaft. Their site says the 10 spline upgrade is C100. I have driven a spec and this. By far the Mcloud feels the best. I put down 550RWHP before my updated tune. I plan on going to the track in a week or 2 so we will see how it works..

93SVT#18

Established Member
I talked toone off the tech guys with Mcloed this afternoon and he recomended that i get the 10.5 inch clutch v/s the standard 11 inch in these cars. according to him due to better design the 10.5 has better clamping and some other advantages. He give me some part #s for the single disc but said that he would recommend the twin disc for and car that is not naturally aspirated. I am so confused that i am not sure what to do. I dont want to spend a 1k dollars but i only want to do this once. you have way more than what i have so i would assume that if you dont have any problems then i shouldnt either. Being we are very close to each other maybe we can meet and i can check out the clutch. I am going to keep researching and may even call Mcled back again.

RJM03Cobra

10 second snake
Established Member
My Mcloud 10.5 piled up in a mass of crap after a burnout and 6k launch on a sticky track last April on an pass with no N2O and 502 rwhp. I did not go 30 feet.The disc had nothing left on it.

RJM03Cobra

10 second snake
Established Member
Single disc- I understand the twin is a great match up for our Cobras- heavy cars lots of torque- but I dont know how that set up works, If someone could explain that would be great info!

93SVT#18

Established Member
the twin disc setup with steel flywheel is 850.00 at summit and the aluminum setup is 1086.00 i beleive. Then you add the 26 spline from liberty and its not much more than the dfx kit from lfp. the twin is rated to like 1200 hp according to mcleod with factory pedal feel if not better. is the steel or aluminum flywheel best. what is the differance between them power, performance, and lasting ability.

tms217

Established Member
Well, I personally like a stock feel clutch. This is why I went to the Mcleod over the DFX and Spec. But depending on how much power you want to make you could always got with a lower Spec clutch like the stage 2. I believe it is more like stock but I never had personally felt one. The stage 2 will hold 530ftlbs.

I dont do all that much drag racing. maybe 4-6 times a year and when I go I never dorp the clutch at 5k or power shift. We need to meet up sometime so you can feel my clutch. Let me know when you are in the Raleigh area. Or if you wanted, I plan on going to the track with in the next week or 2 down to Fayetteville so we could meet up then. Shoot me an email.

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
i have a spec 3= and it is awesome. also the customer support at spec is pretty phenominal. my spec 3 welded itself to my aluminum flywheel. i called spec explained what happened and asked what clutch they would recommend. they asked me to send tham my pressure plate, clutch and fly wheel. about a week later i got back a brand new spec 3+, a new pressure plate and a new friction plate on my original alum flywheel. they also threw in a new throw out and pilot bearing. all i was charged for was shiping and the flywheel friction plate....total cost....$132. keep in mind that the clutch was not under warranty. SPEC ALL THE WAY!

93SVT#18

Established Member
i have felt the spec and dont like it. My father in law has one in his procharged 05 mustang and the pedal is heavy. Im in raleigh every day. actually even drove the cobra today. we had a big group go to fayettville weekend before last. that is why i am looking at clutches. car only has 5500 miles on it but i had a little slip at the track and some clutch smell. first time at the track and on the second launch it felt like it slipped. 4k launch with drag radials. feels fine on the street but dont want to take any chances.

RJM03Cobra

10 second snake
Established Member
My opinion probably does not apply to most because I dont care how my clutch feels or sounds, I want one that holds up to 10 all out drag burn outs and launches every Friday nite! And occasionally go around town to show off. I go all out at the strip with 6k launches and massive burn outs, check my sig, thats why I have this car, MCloud and Centerforce lasted from 1 day to 2 weeks under this assault, although the clutches from CF still worked well on the street they slipped horribly on the strip after a short time. Spec held up sqeaking and squeeling for 100+ passes under these conditions, heavy pedal- yes- noisy- Yes- launch a 3700+ lb car to a 1.59 60 foot over and over-Yes!

93SVT#18

Established Member
tms217 said:
I plan on going to the track with in the next week or 2 down to Fayetteville so we could meet up then. Shoot me an email.

Let me know when your going. after the next round i may have no choice but to buy a clutch. going for the 11's before i do any more mods. See sig for #'s and mods. Only thing i had other than whats listed is 275 nitto dr's

04whitelight

SCAMMER / LIAR
been doing alot of reading, and im guessing its between the spec stage 3 and centerforce, now to decide to go ahead and upgrade to the 26 spline, i mean, it would save me money if i was to want to do it later to get it out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread