Time to install header...but no gaskets...

Joe5.0

Established Member
C Weil said:
Good luck! Get the tube back on, heat cycle it, back off and retighten the bolts, and get it back on the road.

How are we supposed to re tighten the bolts when absolutely everything is in the way?

C Weil

Established Member
You're supposed to let the motor run for 20 minutes and let it cool down for a couple hours/overnight then loosen/retighten them BEFORE you've put everything back on. Absolutely everything wasn't in the way when you put them on!

Otherwise they can come loose after you've driven for a little while, causing a leak, and making you have to do it all over again. This was also in the tips I gave you initially, and a couple times afterwards, and it's probably in the instructions if it came with any.

Is it back on wheels already?

Last edited:

Joe5.0

Established Member
The driver side will be easy to do. Only thing in the way there is the EGR tube which im not F**** with again. But on the passanger side u have no idea. The starter is in the way....which im not takin off/ putting back on again.... and for 4/8 bolts you have to raise the motor to tighten them...which aint gonna happen. So basically im gonna let the car run for 20 minutes....let it cool down, Then tighthen as many bolts as a can without killing myself. I doubt its gonna leak anyways....the bolts are in there tight, with lock washers.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Its Alive~!

ITS ALIVE.........and sounding Damn good. Big drone difference in the exhaust sounds REALLY NICE! Sounds nice enough that we are selling the magnapack mufflers if anyones interested. Let it run for 20-25 minutes then turned it off. Tmmrw we will re tighten everything, try and get this damn dipstick tube back in, re-install K member....Then go for a spin if its Nice! :D

Joe5.0

Established Member
Lol well the knuckles are bloody, and the swearing has died down 100% lol. Glad there on it its sounding really good.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
wizbangdoodle said:
Gee, I wish I had installed headers so I could have bloody knuckles and swear alot. :poke: :-D :fart:

Nah, the 2.76" was a much easier install. 'Bout 15 minutes Wiz?

Joe5.0

Established Member
i know lol under 200$ for an easy....say 40-50RWHP in 15 minutes. must be nice.

I just spent 2 weeks and 900$ for 20-25 more lol.

Users who are viewing this thread