Timing belt on a 92 SHO

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
I really like this car. The gas mileage ROCKS. It's a kick to drive.

20mpg Chris????????????? I have to raise this :bs:

I swear, i wanted to raise the BS flag on myself as well!

I have made 3 recent highway trips, cruise control 75mph, I was getting over 425miles to a tank. I shit you not! I was like wtf is wrong with my truck.

However, cruising around town its more like 12-15mpg.

The BigSHO

Established Member
The SHO is a great highway car. Just cruise at 75mph and get 30mpg. :)

My kids have CSVTs. The CSVT will out corner and brake a SHO. The CSVT are great little canyon carvers. But on the highway, the SHO rules. We have ruts from semis all over Interstate 90 here. The SHO just settles in and gets the job done. The CSVTs have a cow when they get in the ruts and are way to panicky. They really don't like the ruts and the steering overreacts. Not the SHO.

I like the CSVT better, but it is close between the SHO and CSVT. I think both were ahead of their time. The SHO more so.

I wish Ford would let SVT tweek that Fusion and make a SVT Fusion. Ford needs a four door family hauler that hauls ___. :thumbsup:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
The BigSHO said:
I wish Ford would let SVT tweek that Fusion and make a SVT Fusion. Ford needs a four door family hauler that hauls ___. :thumbsup:

Oh you just wait, there is already talk about this.

The BigSHO

Established Member
Cool...

I had hoped that Ford would rebadge the Mazda 6 and call it the Ford Torino.

I loved my 69 Ford Torino 428 CJ. I sold it for the $200 I owed to my brother thirty years ago when I went in military. Fun car. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread