Tinted tails are on, what do you think?

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Just hope you're not driving in-front of a PO during the brightest times of the day lol. I avoid that shyt at all costs! Mine are a lot darker than I wanted too but look so good.

Yeah I stay away from police as much as I can especially in some of the bad areas, a few cities here are big on the no front license plate and I'm not putting one on!

looks good i like the red cobra insert. need better pictures though.
Yeah like I said it was just a quick cell phone snapped pic. I won't take pictures unless the car is super clean, I'm very particular about it being clean.

Car looks good, I need to get mine out and tinted. I have the tint, just havent done it yet.

I havent seen your car around, you should bring it out sometime! Tons of local meets/racing going on, all the time.
I stay a little further north than ballwin.. closer to the airport. Where do you and whoever else usually meet up? Send me a PM if you want. I'm always down, usually end up cruising by myself looking for a car to beat up on :)

I bought these from a member- svt155 on here for 100$ shipped, thats cheaper than the shop I was going to take it to that wanted 125$ to tint the lights. I can get the whole car tinted for probably 150$

looks good i have mine tinted too &mines also a black a 10th anniv too :D but a vert
What color do you have the cobra in your bumper? Black or chrome?

set-72157623112107979

How do you tint the lights? Is there an easy kit to buy?

You can buy spray on tint which I heard isn't that good, or some shops do them, or do like I did and start looking around in the MARKET section on here see if you can't find a set that are already tinted. These came out good because they have clearcoat on them. That way its not just like black tint over red lights. Still has a little gloss to it. Just looks darker on a black car.

I kept my stock ones for now in case I start getting in trouble for having them on, being dark and all. If I get tickets or hassled much I will just take them off :rockon:

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
looks perfect. i love tinted tails! no offense but i thought your plate said PC *** lol

Yeah I didn't have the best of luck when handed that plate, had it for the third year now. I was thinking about going personalized plate just couldn't think of anything good enough to put on there. Anything thats like ULOSE is dumb because there is always someone faster.

I'm waiting on the day when someone turns the 4 into a G

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
I think the lights looked better red. The red bumper inserts stand out too much with everything else being black. jmo

The red bumper inserts are a little bright but not real bright but I know what you mean. I was thinking about doing a murdered out/red secondary type thing. Just red calipers maybe red vinyl on the wheel lips< Definitely not sure about that but that comes off easy and then getting rid of the stripes and getting the windows tinted...

Since its 10th anniversary it already has the red and black interior.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Yeah they look pretty good. I'm just trying to get the exterior freshened up a bit for now. Stripes redone/removal or tint will probably be next. How is your friend Kenne running now?

Now that I think about it, these tinted tails might have given me more than enough power to eat up that little 2.2 :nono:

Just kidding

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Yeah they look pretty good. I'm just trying to get the exterior freshened up a bit for now. Stripes redone/removal or tint will probably be next. How is your friend Kenne running now?

Now that I think about it, these tinted tails might have given me more than enough power to eat up that little 2.2 :nono:

Just kidding

aw come on! :beer: Believe it or not, my car may be faster by the numbers, but as far as in reality when you actually drive it it doesn't seem that much faster, I guess because of the low torque. Once you hit 500+rwhp its harder to tell how fast your car is unless you do a big jump (from 500 to 700 or something)
Car is running good, just changed to a different belt and it runs perfect (knock on wood) Gatorback FTW!

Also you comin out anytime soon? I'm anxious to see the car, especially when it gets detailed :) Coming out to the valley or Soco? Was at the valley yesterday, nothing much going on there, heading out to soco this sat

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
aw come on! :beer: Believe it or not, my car may be faster by the numbers, but as far as in reality when you actually drive it it doesn't seem that much faster, I guess because of the low torque. Once you hit 500+rwhp its harder to tell how fast your car is unless you do a big jump (from 500 to 700 or something)
Car is running good, just changed to a different belt and it runs perfect (knock on wood) Gatorback FTW!

Also you comin out anytime soon? I'm anxious to see the car, especially when it gets detailed :) Coming out to the valley or Soco? Was at the valley yesterday, nothing much going on there, heading out to soco this sat

Well good. I've always heard good things about gatorback. I may come out to the valley next week. 100 more horsepower is still 100 more horse. I don't care how much torque or whatever it would be close up until we started the race buddy. I'm not stupid :D
What size is the pulley on it? Stock lower? I thought about going to the vallet last night but got in kind of late.
I still have work to do to the car, just trying to make money to do that!
Being a descent driver usually enables you to handle that much power as well.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Well good. I've always heard good things about gatorback. I may come out to the valley next week. 100 more horsepower is still 100 more horse. I don't care how much torque or whatever it would be close up until we started the race buddy. I'm not stupid :D
What size is the pulley on it? Stock lower? I thought about going to the vallet last night but got in kind of late.
I still have work to do to the car, just trying to make money to do that!
Being a descent driver usually enables you to handle that much power as well.

:lol1: 3.0 upper and 2# lower, its pullied for 18-19lb but only makes 17psi. When I save up some more money, i will be going for 21-22lb and possibly race gas tune. Yes your're right.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Looks really good. Have you done anything with your headlights?
No the headlights are how they came. The guy posting above, VladSVT is the one I bought it from a couple months ago and I thought maybe they were smoked a bit but I'm not sure. Hard to tell..

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

I know I know, I don't really care for the stripes either and I should have used my camera not my gfs 1971 model.

Last edited:

945LSTANG

Established Member
:beer:

thanks, I'm live over sort of near Lambert airport.. I assume you know where that is. What about you? or Shoot me a PM, I don't always get a chance to check back on threads/posts.
Joe

im over in the kirkwood area when im in town. im up in columbia for school now.

Car looks good, I need to get mine out and tinted. I have the tint, just havent done it yet.

I havent seen your car around, you should bring it out sometime! Tons of local meets/racing going on, all the time.

^^

this.

people get together all the time. check out stlmustangs if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread