Tiny bit of smoke at start up

svt 500

Established Member
I've notice 2 different cars both being ST models have a tiny amount to smoke when first started in the morning and then it clears up. Anyone else noticed this?

Blown5Ways

Established Member
I have had the same thing. I didn't think anything of it because I have an exhaust system and a tune. Just thinking it could be a little fuel left in the motor.

svt 500

Established Member
Its just a small bit but the car(s) run fine. Which cai is better, the cobb or frpp?

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Might be worth getting an oil catch can for it, it's pretty common for boosted cars to push a little oil through the PCV system which can then collect in the intake and cause issues like this.

-Steve

65fastback2+2

Established Member
yup...typically a pcv issue on a boosted ford. my terminator does it probably 1 out of every 6-8 starts.

Blown5Ways

Established Member
Which cai is better, the cobb or frpp?

That is two different parts. The FRPP part is a snorkel that is before the filter that pulls air from the grill. The Cobb or FSWerks one replaces the flatten out pipe. I like my Cobb because it keeps the stock box. There is also a Mountune one out there too. Some like that one and some don't. You can't go wrong with any of them.

svt 500

Established Member
That is two different parts. The FRPP part is a snorkel that is before the filter that pulls air from the grill. The Cobb or FSWerks one replaces the flatten out pipe. I like my Cobb because it keeps the stock box. There is also a Mountune one out there too. Some like that one and some don't. You can't go wrong with any of them.

I ordered the fswerks since a buddy of mine is running one and he seems to like it.

Users who are viewing this thread