Tipping at Sonic

Tip the Sonic Runner?

• Yes

Votes: 52 45.2%
  • No

Votes: 38 33.0%
  • I don't eat at Sonic (and am missing out).

Votes: 25 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I generally don't, but I also normally go through the drivethough at mine.

If I actually stop in a stall, I vary 50/50, tipping $1

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
well the hops get paid minimum wage, but still usually make 40-50$ a night in tips, i usually tip, but my gf doesnt like it when i tip the girls, lol, that stingy bitch

dfw99cobra

Established Member
I do but it's typically the the change or a dollar. Sonic girls make anywhere from 5.15 upwards. I know because I've dated enough sonic girls to run my own sonic. I agree that they are providing a service and should be tipped as such, however, I'd never give them more than a dollar. I'm a waiter and I have to kiss ass from the moment my guest sits down til they leave in hopes that they leave me 15% or more. There's a big difference between that and carrying my food 15 to 20 feet.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
yep, another tipper here. My wife always yells at me and says "we don't need to". I think she's just jealous of the young carhop hotties :)

play23

Needs a Lift
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
They are providing me a service, I tip for that service. I tip the pizza delivery guy although he is getting paid by the hour and receiving the delivery fee. It is still a service that I have requested.

Actually the drivers don't receive all of the delivery fee. They only get about $0.40 of it(depending on the current price of gas). The hourly wage isn't very good either. You make your money on that job mainly off the tips and mileage. I delivered for Dominoes in Estes Park for a year. Twas a lot of fun. Wished I had a beater car to do it. Consistenly made $100-$200 Friday-Saturday in the summer and fall.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
play23 said:
Actually the drivers don't receive all of the delivery fee. They only get about $0.40 of it(depending on the current price of gas). The hourly wage isn't very good either. You make your money on that job mainly off the tips and mileage. I delivered for Dominoes in Estes Park for a year. Twas a lot of fun. Wished I had a beater car to do it. Consistenly made $100-$200 Friday-Saturday in the summer and fall.

That may be the case where you worked. But the small pizza place that delivers to my house, the drivers get the fee!!!

svtcobra2k3

Established Member
I tip for anything dealing with a service to me. So yes, I do tip whoever is of service to me. Remember now Tips stands for "To Insure Proper Service."

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
eh i dont. while they are technically providing a service, theyre fast food. to me, thats like tipping the drive through attendant for their services as they hand you the bag, or tipping the cashier for their services as listening to your order.

I tip waitresses/servers at restaurants. If their job title is server, they get tipped. if their job title is mcdonalds crew member, they dont.

btw i never quite understood TIPS. I was a waiter at a restaurant for 4 years, and still dont understand why we get them, though id never complain out loud. While TIPS does stand for "To Insure Proper Service", its retarded because my job is to insure proper service in the first place. I will do my best to insure that service no matter the circumstances, even if i know you look like a deadbeat or like a richie, i treat you no differently, i never provided a service that was not up to par because a table looked like they could not tip well, then again, i never relied on my tips as my full income to get by, they were money i used to have fun.

Last edited:

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
This has always made me wonder what to do:shrug: . Nowadays, with me not carrying cash, and paying with my debit card, no tip. How can I? I feel bad about it, too. I know they work hard. I guess I need to get cash next time I go. I wish more of the Sonic girls would skate, though. That would get me to tip faster than not.

JasonSnake

Established Member
nckissfan said:
This has always made me wonder what to do:shrug: . Nowadays, with me not carrying cash, and paying with my debit card, no tip. How can I? I feel bad about it, too. I know they work hard. I guess I need to get cash next time I go. I wish more of the Sonic girls would skate, though. That would get me to tip faster than not.

well some receipts have the option for tip before they run your card...

u n v kenny

Established Member
Ok, i'm gonna feel like an idiot for saying this; But I was at the Sonic by my house a few nights ago, and there was this hot ass chick working there, and I honestly couldn't figure out why she'd work there(she was probably under 18, shit haha i'm only 21 so i'm allowed to "browse" haha) anyways, I tipped like $3.xx for a $6 meal LOL

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
TripleBlack95 said:
I would. Not a lot, couple bucks maybe.

Of course they have to show Sonic commercials in the DC area even though the nearest Sonic is like an hour away. Bastards!

Same here, around 45mins to and hour from home. Still never been to one :eek:

JasonSnake

Established Member
u n v kenny said:
Ok, i'm gonna feel like an idiot for saying this; But I was at the Sonic by my house a few nights ago, and there was this hot ass chick working there, and I honestly couldn't figure out why she'd work there(she was probably under 18, shit haha i'm only 21 so i'm allowed to "browse" haha) anyways, I tipped like $3.xx for a $6 meal LOL

that's why she's still there! :bash:

figure this:

8 customers an hour * 5 hour shift = 40 customers * tipping hawt chic @ $3 a pop = $120 extra on top of her $5.15 = $145.75 total, more than what some of us make @ fulltime

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
play23 said:

when i did deliveries for Numero Uno, about ten years ago, they didnt charge a delivery fee. we made mimium wage plus tips. tips were automatically taxed 15%, whether or not you received a tip, it was assumed you did. :shrug: i did deliveries to a pretty nice part of town and would always get the shaft. i remember one time delivering to a nice big house in a nice area and the bill came to about $23. the guy (dad) gave me a friggin $1 tip! :cuss: wtf?! that job sucked ass and i only did it for a few weeks before i quit. fck that! :nonono:

and i see Sonic commercials every friggin day but have no idea where one even is :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread