Tips for Paxton install

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I want to give some big props to Mr. Terry "Beefcake" Reeves for the screaming deal that he gave me on a Paxton 2200SL tuner kit, ID1000 injectors and Lund tune. :beer: Shipping will be 7-10 days and I ordered on Monday so I am hoping to install the end of next week. Asking for any install tips from anyone that has done a paxton/vortech install on a coyote. This will be my second Paxton supercharged 5.0, except my last was a 1992 ;)

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I want to give some big props to Mr. Terry "Beefcake" Reeves for the screaming deal that he gave me on a Paxton 2200SL tuner kit, ID1000 injectors and Lund tune. :beer: Shipping will be 7-10 days and I ordered on Monday so I am hoping to install the end of next week. Asking for any install tips from anyone that has done a paxton/vortech install on a coyote. This will be my second Paxton supercharged 5.0, except my last was a 1992 ;)

Get a boost a pump :)

92hatchlx

Established Member
Terry said that I would be fine with these injectors on stock fuel system with factory pulley and stock intake. It is in the back of my mind though for the next mod, unless Jon says that I need one with my current set up.

RusWolf

Established Member
Great choice on the injectors!

#1 tips is take your time with that stock fan and don't puncture your radiator like i did !
#2 make sure you install all the spacers in the right places !
#3 enjoy hacking your bumper, lol

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
do it really late at night and when your done go to a diner for some breakfast food, and wear a safety hat and goggles when cutting the bumper.
5_imagejpeg952-1.jpg

92hatchlx

Established Member
Terry made the choice for me on the injectors, but I guess I had to agree to it lol. I read through the entire installation manual the other day and the only pain in the ass part looks like the trimming on the fan and bumper as you guys mentioned. I am planning on doing this in a day. How long did it take you guys? The instructions don't seem too vague. I had to install my old single belt Paxton with no manual and got it done in about a day and a half. Needless to say I am excited to get this kit on! I need to go and find a set of steplass clamp pliers in the next few days. Also how long did the shipping take on your kits?

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Terry said that I would be fine with these injectors on stock fuel system with factory pulley and stock intake. It is in the back of my mind though for the next mod, unless Jon says that I need one with my current set up.

If that is the plan id1000's are overkill. You could just get frpp 47lb injectors and be fine if sticking with stock boost and stock intake.

92hatchlx

Established Member
If that is the plan id1000's are overkill. You could just get frpp 47lb injectors and be fine if sticking with stock boost and stock intake.

I'm not going to argue with Mr. Lund as far as what he likes to tune with, you can try and tell him that. I'm not swapping out for another set of injectors when I decide to add the intake and start swapping pulleys later down the road.

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Established Member
Thanks for the info Turbo900rr. I can't wait to see how this feels compared to what I have now. I hope it blows my mind! I remember the first time feeling 5 and 8 psi on my fox. I can't imagine what this is going to feel like.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I'm not going to argue with Mr. Lund as far as what he likes to tune with, you can try and tell him that. I'm not swapping out for another set of injectors when I decide to add the intake and start swapping pulleys later down the road.

I'm not arguing with that all. I was just saying if your plan is to keep it stock they are overkill which is completely true. If i wouldn't of added the jlt intake and picked up another 1-1.5 lbs of boost i would still be running the 47lb injectors. To be honest i wish i would of went with the 1000's now because two new e85 stations opened by my house and i would love to start using it. Sadly i don't think my 75lb ones are enough.

92hatchlx

Established Member
I guess I should have explained my self a little better. I'm just going to run the stock set up for now. I do plan on adding at least the intake later down the road. I would like to get some other things taken care of first such as the clutch and some gauges. My Mustang fund is tapped out for now though. Eventually this car will have a built bottom end and a million other things done.

Users who are viewing this thread