Tips on installing Moroso coolant tanks??

grobertx

Established Member
My Moroso coolant tanks should be here next week. I'm hoping to clamp off hoses near tanks, siphon liquid from tanks, disconnect hoses, remove tanks, connect hoses then install new tanks. I know one of the tanks has 1 gallon increased capacity. Should I just fill with water? Coolant? Any other things I should know? Thanks in advance...

_Satch_

Established Member
I pumped both my tanks out with a cheap little plastic pump I bought from Harbor Freight. I didn't need to clamp either line. I bought a gallon of the Ford orange coolant concentrate, mixed it with a gallon of distiller water, then filled the tanks back up. I also left some area at the top of the tanks for expansion.
-Satch

grobertx

Established Member
I pumped both my tanks out with a cheap little plastic pump I bought from Harbor Freight. I didn't need to clamp either line. I bought a gallon of the Ford orange coolant concentrate, mixed it with a gallon of distiller water, then filled the tanks back up. I also left some area at the top of the tanks for expansion.
-Satch

Great thanks! I've got a Harbor Freight close by...

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
-Satch
+1 to all of this ^^.

I'm running Van's reservoirs, but the install process was identical.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
After my install of Vans tanks, I wished I had removed the air filter housing first! That side is a bitch otherwise. The passenger side was easy with less stuff in the way. The bond on the hoses from the factory clamps are tough to break. With the filter housing out of the way makes more fighting room. Pliers & cuss words!

Users who are viewing this thread