Tire Advice

NewToFord

Established Member
Yes I know the stock goodyears suck. They are going. My car is mostly weekend driver, some track days. Not sure if I should go with dr's out back, and stockers on the front or replace all 4 with the mpss. My 03 Cobra had dr's on the back and goodyears on the front. Going down the highway the car never felt right. I'm not sure if this would happen with this car? Also saw somebody tried a michelin 3 season tire? I live in CT. I dont drive the car in the winter, but I will take it out on days below 50. What should I do?

ThomasL

Established Member
Might be better suited with DRs for your needs. I'll swear by the MPSS though; amazing DD tire and spirited drive/track tire.

Vegasgold

Established Member
I have the MPSS after talking with many on here. Could not be any Happier with my decision. I wish we could get some kind of cash back with all the talk about them...Lol...

carguy19

Established Member
I look at it this way. If you do less then 3000 miles a year, the drag radials are the way to go.

I drive my car about 1500 miles a year, so they will last me about 3-4 years.

They are night and day compared to a regular tire, and this car needs them stock, nevermind if you are going to mod the car.

Ky GT500

Established Member
MPSS all the way around and upsized one size. Extremely happy with them. One of my top mods I've done. Awesome on the street and very happy with the performance I got from them on the track in the rain in Charlotte.

imagejpg2-4.jpg

imagejpg1-11.jpg

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
MPSS all the way around and upsized one size. Extremely happy with them. One of my top mods I've done. Awesome on the street and very happy with the performance I got from them on the track in the rain in Charlotte.

imagejpg2-4.jpg

imagejpg1-11.jpg

cool pics man!

+10000 on the MPSS... They're no BS tires

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Cannibal :)
Sweet pics!
Agreed MPSS are the best all around tire, but to me a drag radial is the only answer for really using all of the power. MPSS will never put down power a DR can. Really depends on your goals, the R888 Toyo is another good compromise.
Please no more tire threads ;-)
-J

NewToFord

Established Member
Like I said, I am concered about how the car is going to feel at higher speeds, and going down the highway if I have dr's on the back compared to all 4 of the same tire. Anybody have experience?

Turbosixx

Established Member
I've had drag radials on the back of all my cars. Never once did it feel any different driving down the highway. I'm tempted to do this again with my Shelby but I'm at a point in my life where I'm finally realizing going faster isn't that important. I don't plan on bringing my car to the drag strip like I've done with all my cars. So my plan is when my stock tires are worn out to replace them with MPSS's.

NewToFord

Established Member
I called discount tire direct. I can get the 285 35 20's no problem for the rear. Front I cannot get the factory size. It goes from a 265 40 19 to a 275 40 19 or 275 35 19. Anybody change the front? Do I have to worry about speedo issue? I dont have a tuner.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Thanks 09,,, here's another,,getting ready to eat a Boss 302!!

imagejpg1-12.jpg

NICE !:beer:

I called discount tire direct. I can get the 285 35 20's no problem for the rear. Front I cannot get the factory size. It goes from a 265 40 19 to a 275 40 19 or 275 35 19. Anybody change the front? Do I have to worry about speedo issue? I dont have a tuner.

I'm running 275/40 with 295/35 and have no issues. The speedo doesn't appear to be off using my GPS to gauge things

ThomasL

Established Member

Absolutely go with 275/40/19 up front if you're talking about the MPSS.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Like I said, I am concered about how the car is going to feel at higher speeds, and going down the highway if I have dr's on the back compared to all 4 of the same tire. Anybody have experience?

My last 2 Cobras ran the Nitto 555/555R combo, my current GT500 runs NT05/NT05Rs and with correct air pressures, felt as stable as stock at high speeds.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread