"Tire-Frying '03 COBRA Drag Test" MM&FF

BocaCobra

Established Member
It's official everybody!! - I have the July 2002 issue of MM&FF in front of me with the 2003 Cobra test runs and input. They ran 12.67 twice at 110.11 MPH into a HEADWIND...No headwind they state it will run 12.5s at 111MPH easily! They had ALL good stuff to say about the 03 Cobra - In short said it was the best Mustang ever and the new Benchmark for FORD - They said they prefer the look of the Machine Finished Rims over the Chrome but thats personal preference I guess. Any questions feel free to ask and I will tell you what they said - Cant wait for my 03 Sonic Blue Cobra!!

BocaCobra

Established Member
On Wheel Hop!

MM&FF states on wheel hop the following.....Harder durometer bushings, stiffer springs, and higher capacity halfshafts were fitted....We(MM&FF) tried a few banzai starts and never encountered any axle windup - On the strip, the axle wind-up is virtually non-existant.

YOUL LUZ

Established Member
Hey i was thinking.. that car had a full cage in it, so it has to be a bit heavier then stock...i think it has more in it ..

Rob03

Established Member
Originally posted by BocaCobra
It's official everybody!! - I have the July 2002 issue of MM&FF in front of me with the 2003 Cobra test runs and input. They ran 12.67 twice at 110.11 MPH into a HEADWIND...No headwind they state it will run 12.5s at 111MPH easily! They had ALL good stuff to say about the 03 Cobra - In short said it was the best Mustang ever and the new Benchmark for FORD - They said they prefer the look of the Machine Finished Rims over the Chrome but thats personal preference I guess. Any questions feel free to ask and I will tell you what they said - Cant wait for my 03 Sonic Blue Cobra!!

I will have to get the latest issue...all I could find was the June issue. Did it have any other mods other than the roll cage? No exhaust changes?

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
And what did you guys think of that PLASTIC blower belt shroud? Love it? Hate it? Personally, I don't like it period. It simply must go! ;-)

eddy z

Established Member
ed z thanks confimring on the MM FF mag.. I saw the article online.. nice write up.....

I agree the belt shroud must go... Weak.. If it had a Cobra on it, then it would be a keeper... At this point the shroud cover looks weak. Without it would look "Mean" with a bite..

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
The mags keep showing a pre-production engine bay. Later pics clearly show the Cobra logo imprinted on the belt cover. Production models will tell the tale...

Users who are viewing this thread