tire width on a gt500, will it fit or not?

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
Hi everyone, alright so I want to get some tires for the rear of my 11 gt500
I am sold on the Continental ExtremeContact tires... but just need some help from you guys for the following...

Alot of people did mention the wear on the Conti's is WAY better then the Goodyear F1 tires that the vehicle comes stock with (SVTPP)
but is this in comparision to the DWS or DW series conti's ExtremeContacts?

and also, what I don't drive this thing in the rain or snow at all, so with that being said, if I want to get atleast 20,000 Miles out of this tire, assuming the DWS is the way to go.... how much loss of traction is it exactly, if I dont even warm them up before launching?

Lastly, will 315s fit of this exact tire on the vehicle.

I know comes down to opinion, but any info will be greatly appreciated, the car is on the hoist, really want to just get the tires done before leaving the shop, Thank You!

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I run a 315 Nito Invo on my 11, but I do have 20x11 rims. If you have a x10 or 10.5 rim it should not be a issue I believe, but I have heard different things about putting a 315 on a 10 rim. Some say it will bulged others say it will not.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I have a 305 on an 11" rim and it's perfect. I'm sure a 315 would be fine, but I wouldnt put a 315 on anything narrower than a 10.5" rim. It'll likely bulge a bit and probably rub if the back spacing isn't perfect.

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
I am looking all around to find some answers before wasting a thread... but if I found the right answers, the stock SVTPP 20" wheels at the rear of the gt500 are 9.5" wide??

I guess if thats true, I could forget 315s, but 305?

Anyone with the 20s AND 305s? Got to be sure before ordering these things.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
305/35's should be good to go on a 9.5" wheel. It may be right at the minimum recommended width, but it should work fine.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I think that's a stretch on the front. I have 265's on my 20x9's and they're a tight fit from lock to lock. I don't think the rim width is as much an issue as the clearance under the car on a lowered car.

dale.baker

Established Member
I have the Shelby CS-1 20X11 wheels and run the 315 DWS's. I can now use all of my second gear without breaking the tires loose with 13 lbs of boost. Ride is 1000 times better than the Goodyears as well as much quieter. You will need to cut the brace off the rear inner fender as the tires will hit it when the car is jacked from the frame. No big deal 15 mins of work with a grinder and they are gone. No further modifications are necessary and I have about .375" between the shock and the rear tire when the car is on the ground. My car is not lowered.

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
alright... 305 it is, and Continental ExtremeContacts DW's (summers) FOR THE WIN!!

also, everyone here has to much money :p

TexasShelby

Established Member
this should help...

nittotirewheelspecssizes_Page_1.jpg

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
No 305 DW. Glad this thread popped up...I may get the DWS in 315 now instead of the R888.

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
I don't believe Conti DW or DWS doesn't come in 305 on a 20" wheel.

Check Tire rAck to confirm

yeah you are right, just when you are happy with your tire decision!

The 305s is the size, will leave you guys some info once I decide on the tire and tell you how it is once they are on!

Users who are viewing this thread