Tires on a budget!

89shoyamaha

Established Member
Okay I'll get flamed but I just shelled out my tire money on a clutch. I actually just needed a throwout bearing but while tranny was out I threw in the clutch. I need tires badly and am considering Nexen N3000 as they are $100 each. Any other suggestions?

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
The Sumitomos are also cheap. I ran one set once when I bought some 17 X 10.5 wheels. I guess they were okay considering the price but they sure didn't grip and handle like Goodyears, Michelins, or BFGs (my current tires)... :(

fastlane65

Starting lots of projects
Established Member
ferrari_crash_2.jpg

"They were good tires.
Not great tires, but good tires."

:beer:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
What size wheels do you have in the back? I have a set of 295/30/18 Falken FK452's that I'll sell real cheap. Lots of tread left, no plugs.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
Fuzion ZR1's are a decent cheap tire. They are a Firestone off brand tire. Great wear but traction is not that great (better than the stock Goodyear). I think they were still around 130.00 each.

Juruense

Banned
I think you need to try for at least a mid grade tire. Otherwise you will be replacing them in less than a year. I would suggest BFG and if you have a Sam's or Costco membership they should have some good deals. Also check out http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/home.do

You need to spend close to 800 for all four installed to get something that is going to be safe long term.

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Take THIS add into your nearest discount tire and tell them to beat it. They will match it and include mount and balance. That is about the best deal you will find on a tire that isn't made in China.

Users who are viewing this thread