Tires on high hp DD

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Uhhh what hole have you been in? Ford needs to catch up now. Who cares about Chevy

I dunno... maybe people that like the complete package and not a 1 trick pony? Lol...

Acceleration

HC auto / 6g ZL1 auto > HC manual / 13-14 GT500 / 6g ZL1 manual

Handling

ZL1 >>>>>> 13-14 GT500 >>> HC

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The whole 1 trick pony thing is the reason those still living under a rock think American cars cant turn.

They couldnt be more wrong, but building straight line monsters that are only good from a roll and automatic leads people outside of the US to think we cant drive for shit. it doesnt help that we dont even have a decent F1 driver. I just checked for WRC champions, and there has never been an American champion.

Not trying to derail, I'm interested in a good DD tire for high HP car too. Has op thought of driving with the valet key to save tires? lol

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
R888s are awesome but start to howl once negative camber wear begins.

NT01 are excellent as well. Slightly stickier than R888 without the howl but don't last as long.

R888R is a new tire coming. Looks a lot like a NT01 and the diameter specs online match the NT01. Not a coincidence since they are sister companies.

Or run a DR but there will be more body roll if you like curves. Especially on a heavy ass car like the Hellcat.

Jefe

Established Member
I dunno... maybe people that like the complete package and not a 1 trick pony? Lol...
It does lots of tricks like being a 5 passenger sedan that hits 204mph, shifting gears in 160 milliseconds, cutting sub 3 second 0 to 60s, running 10.7s with only drag radials, and getting 24mpg on the highway.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Anyone try the new Continental Extreme Contact Sport (ECS) yet? Better than the MPSS?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It does lots of tricks like being a 5 passenger sedan that hits 204mph, shifting gears in 160 milliseconds, cutting sub 3 second 0 to 60s, running 10.7s with only drag radials, and getting 24mpg on the highway.

Its a one trick pony man. Just like my car.

The new 6g ZL1 has our acceleration and then some... it is a superior car.

Dont worry, we will be alright!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Anyone try the new Continental Extreme Contact Sport (ECS) yet? Better than the MPSS?
Some of the RS guys really like that tire.

I've also heard good things from the new 4s. I need more cash to buy all these tires to test them out.

Gravik

Established Member
The best tire on the market, for what youre looking for at least, is definitely the Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

Comes standard on many high performance cars, notably all the new performance Ford's.

I personally have a set on my own DD, a Focus ST. While definitely not a Hellcat, she can definitely spin some one tire fire. I've taken it to autocross and generally drive it aggressively. I expect 25k(20-22k already) miles out of this set

Like anywhthing else though... Its a compromise. Dont expect phenomenal grip at your power level.
PSO4 are rated by Tirerack:

For further comparison.
Bumping cause buddy of mine is in the same boat. Needs a tire for his shelby. Currently has michelin pilot super sports and it doesn't hook worth a shit. Car makes around 650whp.

Jefe

Established Member
I wound up going with the new Michelin PS 4S tires which are replacing the Pilot Super Sports. I took them to the track that same week and they performed flawlessly: https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...-pics-vids-racinghikinghelicoptering.1136447/

Im making about 650rwhp and they hook up pretty damn well. They will spin a little on launches but they hook up when punching it from a 40mph roll which is incredible for a street tire.

If he wants to hook up he needs a DR like the 555R, R888R or the MT E/T Street S/S

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
What's he trying to do. All around tire I'd get the 555r.

Yep. I posted back on page one. I got the 555r on a 460hp/torque 03 cobra in a 305/35r18. It'll spin some in 1st but once it heats up a little it grips and takes off. Drives good too. I don't drive it in the rain but I've driven it hard for probably a 500 miles and it drives pretty much just like a high performance summer tire but with lots better grip.

TxCobra76

Established Member
What size wheel are you running choate? Do you have rubbing issues?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
No rubbing issue whatsoever. It's an SVE series 3 wheel. 18x10

Users who are viewing this thread