tires on stock rims

Mowgli

Established Member
Do the Nitto 315s fit well on the stock rims? Can I go larger than 295 BFGs on them? I've heard some folks tell me that larger than 295 on hte stock rims you get too much pinch, but with the Nittos some have said they donut.

I want to mount bigger rubber but am having a real hard time finding rims I like that will still leave clearance in good shape (I don't want the PITA of dealing with changing out the IRS bolt) so as an interim solution to my traction woes I'm just looking to mount whatever tire will fit my stock rims well-ish.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i just bought a set of OEM 03 cobra wheels and mounted nitto 555R 315's on em. they are GREAT!

D-Cobra

Established Member
i have the 275's on my stock wheels and they work fine. i guess it's all a matter of preference when it comes to the size.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
295 BFGs will be to wide, but the 315 nittos will fit without a problem, I have em'.

Venomized281

Established Member
The BFGs run wider than the Nittos. Dad has 265/40/18 BFG G-Force drag radials so it wouldn't hang over the 9" wheel. Here's a few pics.:

Sidewall2.jpg

Sidewall.jpg

Rear.jpg

A buddy has 275/40/17 Nittos on a 17x8 Cobra wheel and it doesn't hang over at all. The sidewall's straight up and down.

Users who are viewing this thread