Tires...

WoolSVT02

#3230 of 4726
Established Member
hey question about tires. I am currently running Toyo Proxes S/T 295/45/R18 on my 02L rims. Wondering what tires everyone else was running and what u guys thought of this tire and any recommendations.

Taw

Established Member
If this is a daily driver the Toyo's will be ok but this tire is very hard and if you do a few good burnouts there is a real possibility of overheating them and they are known for having problems with balancing if they overheat.

If money is not a issue the F1's are the best tire, but only for the first 2k miles and then they are just average.

In between those 2 is the Hankook's no where near as hard as the Toyo's, but still great treadlife and decent street tire grip.

If you want to go to the strip now and then you may want to look at getting a second set of rims or go with something along the lines of the Nitto's. Also if you are running anything more then about 400hp I doubt any street tire will satisfy you when it comes time to play with the go pedal.

91fox5.0

Established Member
I agree with the guy above me. It really depends on how much you are driving it. I mean I'm about to be running 245 NITTOs on my car which i drive daily. If its strictly track, cant go wrong with M/T's

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Toyo proxies up front because they last forever. But the Nitto 555's in the rear. Very well balanced tire.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I have had Good Year F1's, Nitto 555's, Hankooks and Toyo proxes.
I like the Toyo's better than the rest. None of these tires will hook on the street with my power level, not even Nitto DR's.
I use Hoosier QTP's at the 1320

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
I have the Toyos also, had for about 10k miles and they are even better than I first thought they would be. I originally bought them because they were the cheapest for me at the time. I had been reading that they are "hard" and don't grab well. I haven't really found that to be the case on the road, I am very happy with them.

Scarpino

Established Member
So you guys dont mind rooling around on 2 diffrent tires? Doesnt it look kind of funny with one bran do nthe front and another brand on the rear. If your running 555's in the rear and Kook's up front, thats a huge diffrence in looks!

joshua5438

Here...Hemi...Hemi !!!
Established Member
I ran the Hankooks and got about 35,000 miles out of them. I would have gotten more but my balljoints went bad and caused bad tire wear on the inside. They were really good in the rain. Got good traction as long as you dont floor it from a take off. If I hadnt went to 20's that already had Nittos 404's on them I would have went with another set of the Hankooks.

Josh

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
555's in the front and 555R's in the rear.

Great combo.

But like someone said above, over 400hp, your really going to have trouble finding anything to hook on the street.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I ran toyo's on mine and have great luck with them. Great tire in the rian and handled pretty well. Slightly harder than the F1's but they also lasted longer. But for playing around i ran the toyo's on the front and NT555R's on the rear.

WoolSVT02

#3230 of 4726
Established Member
Nitto NT 555 Extreme Performance Passenger/Performance Tire??

295 45 R18 Hankook Ventus??

cthunder

Established Member
no to F1's... they wear way too fast and I've had 4 blow out at highway speeds. not just a little tear in the sidewall, Im talking about full out blow out. I've had 555's on for 3 years and havent looked back.

Users who are viewing this thread