To all the drag racers......

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
you should try it out on drag radials first and see how well you do on the stock pulley. that will probably really lower your 60' nicely

NateV8

Established Member
Not a bad time but could get faster. My buddy ran 12.4 with only weld in Flowmasters and stock tires. If you want to go 11s on stock pullies with street tires you have a lot of practice to do, and probably some weight reduction. IMO a gear change won't help you. Stock 3.55s are fine.

04mysticvert

Established Member
Do anyone know the quality of the pullies from lightning force performance. I have read in the forums that there are some bad pullies on the market. Im not a fan of spending twice, "spec stage 4 clutch on a mostly stock cobra". So, I would like to find out wether to buy the kit or should I look somewhere else?

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
Metco or billetflow are the ones I would use you can't go wrong with either one. I personally have billetflows 4 piece idler kit and 2.76 billetflow upper no belt slip whatsoever. Mods are in my sig that's the fastest time I've gotten here in elpaso.

04mysticvert

Established Member
*and cant seem to find a kit anywhere. Did you purchase yours seperatley? Also, will the hand held tune be fine or should it be dyno tuned?

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
No need to spend a grand. Just buy a Billitflow 2.76 upper pully, get either a used SCT or Diablo sport hand held tuner a new belt and plugs. Spend a few hundred dollars and get a good tune. That with a set of DR's will get you mid 11's no prob!

WWW.lethalperformance.com

04mysticvert

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. I think I will go to the track one more time before purchasing the pullies with the drag radials. I will upload my time slip "if" there is a dramatic change in the time.

mach1033

Established Member
A dyno tune is not 100% needed for just bolt ons. You can contact a number of tuners from this site and they can hook you up with a remote tune that you upload yourself. Looking forward to your new numbers once u get the drag radials.

Users who are viewing this thread