To pulley or not to pulley the DD.

03COBRA85

Established Member
Hey guys i'm new to the forum. I bought a bone stock 03 cobra about six months ago. I installed a magnaflow catback first and just installed a JLT CAI, Billetflow 2.76" pulley and BF 100mm idler yesterday. My car is at the Naka's car care in Oahu Hawaii right now and i'm waiting for the phone call to start the tune and dyno pulls. I will let you know first hand later on today how it does and what I make for power. I can't wait!!!

03COBRA85

Established Member
Hey guys i'm new to the forum. I bought a bone stock 03 cobra about six months ago. I installed a magnaflow catback first and just installed a JLT CAI, Billetflow 2.76" pulley and BF 100mm idler yesterday. My car is at the Naka's car care in Oahu Hawaii right now and i'm waiting for the phone call to start the tune and dyno pulls. I will let you know first hand later on today how it does and what I make for power. I can't wait!!!

For the feedback it made 437.92 HP and 461 TQ. The eaton SCREAMS now! Great bang for the buck!

SVT Pille

Established Member
Would most agree that the 4 piece idler set is more for bling then practicality?
With a 2.76 and a 74.5" belt,do you even need to change any idlers?

They're worth it, I've seen them explode before.

ramstein

Established Member
Other mods already included with the car include Borla stingers, Bassani catless X, JLT CA intake, AFCO heat exchanger, and tune. Car made 448/400 @ 9 psi

Few more questions I had are, what gains from 448/400 would I be looking at with a 2.76 upper and tune?

With the Reische 170 thermostat, BF IRS brace, is there anything else I should change while in those areas? Money has been a bit tight so i'm not going to get everything I want at once, just the "security" mods. I will get gauges down the line so I planned on ordering a HB overlay with the thermostat, brace, and 2.76/belt. I do not plan to EVER launch this car at high rpm, but just want the brace for protection. Are the bushings a crucial necessity?

I went with 2.76 and picked up 126rwtq and 78 whp. If I had full exhaust could have picked up even more. You will love it, and very soon you will be thinking about a ported blower and a lower. Post the numbers after you do it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread