Keep the Cobra or get a Tahoe Cabin?

• Keep the Cobra

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Loose the Cobra and buy a Tahoe Cabin

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

Pyro

Established Member
I've been wrestling with the idea of selling my Cobra. Now, dont misunderstand me, I LOVE my car but I'm considering selling it to buy a Cabin in Lake Tahoe or some other type of rental property.

fr03cobra

Established Member
Property will keep it's value unlike the car but it's your choice.

03Bra

Established Member
That must be some pretty cheap land if selling the Cobra will pay for it. I say keep the Cobra and get the Cabin!

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by fr03cobra
Property will keep it's value unlike the car but it's your choice.

True

I'm also considering an office building. I'm just at a point in my life where I see other people making $$ from real estate (residential & commercial) while I'm still working for a "boss" and they're no different than I am...at least when they started.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sell it. Buy the cabin. And then with the profit you make in a couple of years buy the new Cobra in '07. :)

EatonMe

Let's see here:

Cabin/office building - almost guranteed to make you money.
Mustang - guranteed to continue to lose money on.

Not much of a tought choice in my opinion. Sell the Mustang.

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by 03Bra
That must be some pretty cheap land if selling the Cobra will pay for it. I say keep the Cobra and get the Cabin!

I was thinking more in terms of cash flow. Selling the Cobra would definitely improve my cash flow in case I run into any problems.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I dont own my own cabin, but I have one that I rent all the time pretty cheap. I dont see the need to own a cabin unless I was going to spend at least 30-40% of the year there. Right now I thinks it's more fun to drive my car on the twisties on the way up there :D

I have been seriously thinking about selling my car for a Toyota Sequoia though. I really want an SUV.

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
I dont own my own cabin, but I have one that I rent all the time pretty cheap. I dont see the need to own a cabin unless I was going to spend at least 30-40% of the year there. Right now I thinks it's more fun to drive my car on the twisties on the way up there :D

I have been seriously thinking about selling my car for a Toyota Sequoia though. I really want an SUV.

It would be primarily for renting out as a vacation home. Where abouts in Tahoe do you live?

I'm also considering an office building in Reno assuming it has tenants and a positive cash flow or a secon home to rent out. Reno is growing so fast it's crazy.

earl lee

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03

Your paying the note of the cabin when you rent it. ;-) Property is a great investments specially if you keep the place rented out where they are paying for it and your profiting off it.

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
I might be selling my car also. I need something better on gas. This 12 mpg is killing me lately with these crazy gas prices. I am looking at a G35:beer:

Mugger

Don't beat 'em, MUG 'em!
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Sell it. Buy the cabin. And then with the profit you make in a couple of years buy the new Cobra in '07. :)

I'm with CobraBob. I sold my Cobra to buy a house. I will be Cobra-less for a while but in the long run I'll have a BIG house and a Cobra or 2 in the driveway in the future.:beer:

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
geeze by the time i actually get my cobra i'll be the only one left!

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
by a house/office its gonna start getting hectic up there, you could get a great oppurtunity

Users who are viewing this thread