To Spoiler or Not to Spoiler

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay everyone,

When I was younger and not so wiser I removed the spoiler off my deck lid as I did not like it at the time. However, I have come to realize that the look of the Cobra spoiler compliments the car and overall design very well.

This past weekend I removed the Roush spoiler to polish the deck lid. I actually like the look of the car without the spoiler.

So, my questions is, what do you guys think? Here are the options

1. Put the Roush spoiler back on.
2. Fill the holes and keep the car without a spoiler.
3. Fill the holes, replace the factory Cobra spoiler and paint to match.

The paint job WILL remain the same. I'm just weighing my options on the spoiler at this point.

Roush Spoiler:
S4300034.jpg

S4300047.jpg

S4300044.jpg

S4300045.jpg

No Spoiler:
20161120_151457a_zps8vwoptni.jpg

20161120_151505a_zpsv3o9uopt.jpg

20161120_151554_zpsdj621lsk.jpg

20161120_151636a_zpsw2v6k4by.jpg

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
This is pretty cool. I was thinking most would say go back to factory spoiler. However, going without the spoiler is actually the cheapest route for me as I can fill the holes and paint it myself. Keep the feedback coming please. I'm liking the responses thus far.

Recon

Established Member
I never liked the no spoiler look. I don't know what it is it just doesn't look right/good, to me, on the 4th gens. Personally I'd go with a Terminator spoiler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I hear you Recon. I did not like that look either. To me it seemed like something was missing. However, I'm liking the no spoiler look now. However, I also like the look of the Cobra spoiler too. I know a lot of people say it's my car do what I want, but I'm torn between no spoiler and Cobra spoiler at this point.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Yeah RI-SVT. It does look good without the spoiler. My car sits like yours, so I should be good. I'm going to see what others have to say, but so far it looks like 80% say no spoiler and 20% say reinstall Cobra spoiler.

mdever12

Established Member
I vote against the Roush spoiler. Go no spoiler for a while and if you decide to change it up again, purchase a cobra spoiler down the road.

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
I would go back to stock spoiler without thinking twice about it...

01yellercobra

Established Member
I never liked the no spoiler look. I don't know what it is it just doesn't look right/good, to me, on the 4th gens. Personally I'd go with a Terminator spoiler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What he said.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The only spoiler I ever really liked on a Terminator is the factory spoiler. IMO Ford SVT really got it right with that factory spoiler. But everyone has personal preferences with factory parts and mods. :)

R3dfireCobra

Established Member
The only spoiler I ever really liked on a Terminator is the factory spoiler. IMO Ford SVT really got it right with that factory spoiler. But everyone has personal preferences with factory parts and mods. :)

CobraBob couldn't have said it better. +1 on the factory spoiler. Now if only the 3rd brake light wasn't such a POS and not crack...

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Definitely ditch the Roush spoiler and go back to stock. I think GT's look good without a spoiler, a guy by the sn of Trevor something had an awesome one. Cobras, to me, just don't look as good with a spoiler delete due to the bulkier bumpers and rocker panels, they seem unbalanced.

Users who are viewing this thread