TOB sleeve

ponyboy03

Established Member
s there a recommended sleeve now? Also, when shimmed correctly does this help to eliminate any slop in the driveline?

I have the squeak and the dreaded noise when pushing in the clutch.

Thanks

DSGNator

Established Member
I just installed the leathal performance TOB sleeve in mine. Seems to be a pretty high quality piece. Mcleod makes one as well. I don't think you can go wrong with either one though.

Jefe

Established Member
I did the D&D hardened sleeve 4 years ago. No problems but I dont think they sell it anymore

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
I installed the LFP equivalent. It went together without any issue.

I don't thing there are any shims involved. Maybe you are thinking about the input shaft upgrade that can require shims.

I don't see how drive line 'slop' will be affected by replacing the TOB retainer tube. I don't see a car type in your profile. IRS cobras are notorious for driveline slop. There are several contributing factors.

-IRS subframe bolts supplied by ford are too small. need to be replaced w 9/16" or 14mm
-factory rubber bushings suck, allowing to much movement of the IRS, diff, cradle etc. Replace and/or upgrade
-IRS axle half shafts have some 'play' in them.
-Diff ring and pinion wear can also give you some slop.

86caprirs

Established Member
I just did the McLoed sleeve today. No shims except when the bearing races fall out. But you will know where the shims go because they are two different sizes. Very easy to do.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
My D&D is on its way! Just hard to find on the website, don't have a link off hand but I ordered at the end of last week

No idea how that face got there wtf

Last edited:

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey guys,

There is no shimming required for the sleeve itself, that's left for the input shaft. Install is pretty straight forward as well, just remove the front plate, press it out (or you can use a dead blow, comes out easy) and install the new sleeve.

Our sleeves are made from 4340 forged steel which is also treated for strength and they carry a lifetime warranty. We also use genuine Tremec seals and viton O rings for durability in all sorts of lubricants.

We always have these things in stock and they ship right away. We can even match D&D's pricing on the sleeve and you earn loyalty points with us that can be used on future orders.

If you guys have any other questions, let us know!

Thanks.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Yep that's the one, got it 2 days ago but didn't take a picture. Looks really nice though

Users who are viewing this thread