Today's performance cars

Troponin

Established Member
So I have been thinking about how insanely fast modern performance cars are. It seems like it was only a few years ago when hitting 0-60 in 5.2 seconds was impressive for any car. My Audi S4 would pull 5.2s, but had to launch the tar out of it with its AWD to get it.

Today, I saw that my car had a 0-60 timer in it. It resets and gets ready every time you come to a stop. no buttons to push. It was fun just watching it, even if I wasn't trying. I Pull up to a light today and wanted to get in front of a car to get in to a turning lane. I rolled the throttle, and only managed to get it to half to 2/3 throttle by the time I hit 60.The car was barely being pushed. I look down and see I did a 0-60 in 5.3 seconds. Incredible.

It started making me wonder what kind of impressive 0-60s y'all are putting down in here. I decided to put off DRs on my car because it's a DD. I opted for Michelin PS2s in 305s to keep my drivability in all weather, so I am not sure I could bang out anything too crazy. Maybe one day I'll slap some DRs on it and really test it.

Anyone here manage to dip in to the 3s on the street?

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Nope my Marauder I pulled a 4.4 second 0-60 time a couple of times, my new 2005 C6 Corvette I have yet to really drive until spring gets here but it looks to be about as quick as the stroker S/C combo I had with the Merc.

My dads 2016 C7 I think GM is not lying that it can pull sub 4 second 60 mph runs with the paddle shifters and sport or track set up for it.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
My Revo tuned S3 will do 3.7 all day every day like you were driving to church on Sunday morning. I would put that car up against most cars on this site in a light to light race on the street.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
My '12 Lincoln MKS with the Livernois 93 Race tune should hit 60mph in the low 4's. Currently running the 91 Stage 4+ tune for the winter, mid to high 4's should be doable (stock is 5.2).

Never_Enough

Established Member
I never timed it, but my Z06 gets there fast enough & without having to shift to 2nd. Good enough for me. I'm sure the MS6 would turn a respectable 0-60 if I launched the car, but I have no desire to launch it. That's when shit breaks. Car & Driver did 5.4 0-60 in the MS6 stock when they were new. I don't know if that was launching hard or not.

Troponin

Established Member
My Revo tuned S3 will do 3.7 all day every day like you were driving to church on Sunday morning. I would put that car up against most cars on this site in a light to light race on the street.

Damn. I bet that slammed your head back.

I never timed it, but my Z06 gets there fast enough & without having to shift to 2nd. Good enough for me. I'm sure the MS6 would turn a respectable 0-60 if I launched the car, but I have no desire to launch it. That's when shit breaks. Car & Driver did 5.4 0-60 in the MS6 stock when they were new. I don't know if that was launching hard or not.

Honestly, I am feeling the same way. The DS on these is the first to go on launches, as with a lot of the high hp cars. I have no desire to replace the DS at this point, so no hard launches for me. Hell, I am not even sure I could hook enough with these tires to break it, but I don't want to try either.

What mph does the shift happen at? Just after 60?

Dusten

Established Member
lol Thats why I said "On the street". I have run at the track in a long time, so street times matter more to me. What was your 60ft on that run? Had to have been damn fast.
1.57 7.27 @ 94.7 in the 1/8th

My 0-60 in this truck on the street would be awful. Stalled, street tires, almost 650 ft/lbs. No thanks.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Stock on both. Both were off the LC on a nice warm day (78-80). On the Hellcat, I had to use the LC and start in 2nd so I wouldn't blow the tires off.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I thought I had a pic from the GT500... but can't find one.

This is from the Challenger.

Challenger_0to60.jpg

Troponin

Established Member
Stock on both. Both were off the LC on a nice warm day (78-80). On the Hellcat, I had to use the LC and start in 2nd so I wouldn't blow the tires off.

This is def one reason why the HC is not terribly easy to get good 1/8 miles times in. If you look at their trap times in the 1/4 and see what they do in the 1/2 mile, it's clear how fast they are, just not quick off the line. Launching them in an art. I hear the GT500 is also a bear off the line.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
This is def one reason why the HC is not terribly easy to get good 1/8 miles times in. If you look at their trap times in the 1/4 and see what they do in the 1/2 mile, it's clear how fast they are, just not quick off the line. Launching them in an art. I hear the GT500 is also a bear off the line.

It really is a PITA to get the Hellcat rolling. I really want to get some DR's or full slicks and test it out on the drag strip. I have heard some guys in the HC club pop 2.9 0 to 60 on 315 race tires.

Getting the GT500 rolling is not only a bear... keeping it hooked is a trial too. LOL I can't tell you how many times I nailed the hole-shot, but around 50-55 mph the tires break loose.

CV355

_
Established Member
I've hit <4s 0-60 on a dragstrip, but on the street? Tough call. It's a resounding "nope" for the GT500. I'm sure it has the power to, but it's difficult to get the power down.

I'm sure I hit sub-4s on my Speed Triple R MANY times- laying over the bars, dumping the clutch at 7k and riding it straight out. I miss that bike.

My old KB'd '00 GT was one angry little bastard. For a 4R70W car, it hooked amazingly well and shifted pretty nicely all things considered. I would venture to say I've hit <4 in that car on the street. Granted it was stripped down to 3100lbs with me in it, had 315 DRs, full suspension build... Ran mid 11's launching at 1500rpms at NED.

Users who are viewing this thread