Today's performance cars

Never_Enough

Established Member
Damn. I bet that slammed your head back.

Honestly, I am feeling the same way. The DS on these is the first to go on launches, as with a lot of the high hp cars. I have no desire to replace the DS at this point, so no hard launches for me. Hell, I am not even sure I could hook enough with these tires to break it, but I don't want to try either.

What mph does the shift happen at? Just after 60?
Just past 60

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Both my gtr and Audi will hit 60mph in slightly less than 3 seconds. For some reason it feels much more impressive in the Audi. My z is very hard to launch on the street

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Both my gtr and Audi will hit 60mph in slightly less than 3 seconds. For some reason it feels much more impressive in the Audi. My z is very hard to launch on the street
Gotta love AWD!

I wish I had my old GTech Pro to test my '13 with. I need to get a new accelerometer. I'm running a beta version of Lund's Progressive Power Control on 10" wide NT555s and it is nothing short of amazing on the street. I can't imagine how it would be on DRs. Power is smooth and feels linear. The car had no problem breaking loose the tires at 80mph on 10psi, now I can actually launch it in 1st gear and rip through all of them. You don't even notice the TC working. Needless to say, I'm sold on it. I get the benefits of having a tire that handles really well and the TC makes up for it's lack of straight line grip.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
3.5 in my old stage 3 S4, at times I miss awd.
3.9 stock in my V, would be a very low 3 if it wasn't pushing through just the rears.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
How are you liking the new tires? Any pics? Do you have absolute traction in 2nd with WOT?

Blown 89

Established Member
The best I've seen in the Wagon is 3.7 and that was struggling to keep the tires from going up in smoke. Let's think about that for a minute...it's a wagon that handles well, has a stick, fits a table saw in the back, and has a baby seat in it. It's a good time to be a car guy.

Jefe

Established Member
I have only done it a couple times but my best was 4.3 last night. Cold roads and street tires and like you I only got to half throttle because it felt like it was about to break loose. I'm not using LC, just lightly holding the brake pedal and holding RPMs around 1500. Ill have to try a higher RPM and 2nd gear to see what that does. A few more tries and Im sure I could get it under 4. Ive seen some DR cars hit 3.2 and even some sub 3 second runs

The best I ever did in my Jeep was 4.4 which is impressive for 5,500lbs. Although I did hit 2.2 during my burnout video...

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We are all spoiled by modern performance. I remember when running a 12.25 in my L seemed fast. Now my 2.3 bolt-on Mustang is faster.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
This is why I like running drag radials all the time on the street. Expensive, but worth it. Spinning ain't winning.

Troponin

Established Member
How are you liking the new tires? Any pics? Do you have absolute traction in 2nd with WOT?

It still spins in second, but I can give it a whole lot more throttle than with the stock tires. It's been cold and raining here a lot lately since getting the car too, so I really haven't been able to take it out and really play with her.

Plan_B

Established Member
Pretty psyched about the CTS-V I just got (2011). Mags say < 4 secs and I believe 'em. Doesn't launch quite like the KB Terminator but it's soooooooooo much more comfortable.

Troponin

Established Member
I was just reading about some of the fastest 0 to 60 cars from the muscle car era...didn't know that a 67 dodge satellite could do 4.8
That's fricking impressive

One of my neighbors had a Satellite about that same year! Was so bad ass. Sounded like a beast. Didn't realize they were that fast either.

Users who are viewing this thread