Today's the Day

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
This morning I pulled the trigger and ordered a 2016 GT. The cutoff for ordering a 2016 is today, and I found out that the Guard Metalic color is being discontinued for 2017. Being that California recently went back to the black and yellow license plates, like the ones on Bullitt, I chose Guard Metalic in order to resemble the Bullitt Mustang. I've had a love afair with the Mustang my whole life, and I haven't had one in my garage for a couple years now; I've been smiling all day... I just went with a base GT, but I did opt for the Recaro seats. Just wanted to say hi, and I hope to meet some of you soon.

:rolling::rolling:

congrats! better put in your order for your 60s legacy plates now, they will probably build and deliver your car before they make your plates lol

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
If you aren't against it for some reason I recommend adding the Performance Pack to your GT. You wouldn't even be able to buy all the upgrades in the kit for $2500 nevermind have them installed. Also it won't negatively affect your order as long as you haven't been assigned a build date.

Other than that welcome to the club! I ordered mine July 2014 and had the pleasure of waiting 5 months for delivery haha. To be fair they didn't even start production until mid october and I did end up in the first build week for custom orders in November so I can't really complain. Yours should get to you much quicker!

If your Ford rep hasn't told you already you can track your car as it is being built.

http://www.cotus.ford.com/
http://www.cotusb.ford.com/

Just type either your VIN when it's assigned or on your order confirmation there is a dealer code and order number just find those and use your last name to use the site to track your order before a vin has been assigned. You can use it to get relatively up to date information on your order even including estimated delivery dates and usually notification of it being on the train as well.

Dcrypter,

Thanks again for the encouragement, I just received confirmation that I was able to add the Performance Package; so excited...

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread