Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Any of you guys try this out?

I bought it last night on XBOX One market place. It took about 10 minutes of downloading before I was able to play. Talk about a pretty game. I got about 2 hours into it.

They do a great job of making you feel like you are in her shoes. I have jumped a few times when wolves pop out or the boogie man grabs your leg out of nowhere.

I have not tried the multiplayer yet.

The single player reminds me of the days of the PS1 playing the first one. Exploring terrain, solving puzzles, and trying to get the perfect camera angle to see down her shirt.

I saw it was out for PS4 as well so you guys chime in too.

Sick03Vert

Banned
The single player reminds me of the days of the PS1 playing the first one. Exploring terrain, solving puzzles, and trying to get the perfect camera angle to see down her shirt.

:dw::lol:

Even if it were true, I would NEVER have posted that. :lol1:

Haven't played the game yet, but thinking about picking it up. I personally think if it sells well it will only be because people are starved for games on the new systems.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
:dw::lol:

Even if it were true, I would NEVER have posted that. :lol1:

Haven't played the game yet, but thinking about picking it up. I personally think if it sells well it will only be because people are starved for games on the new systems.

I wanted to try something besides COD and Forza. Something with a story. It is pretty fun I enjoyed the time I got to play it last night. The graphics are pretty damn amazing.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
The boogie man? I've been considering picking the game up but never followed any of the tomb raider stuff so I didn't know if it would be good or not. I really need to get an Xbox one

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
The boogie man? I've been considering picking the game up but never followed any of the tomb raider stuff so I didn't know if it would be good or not. I really need to get an Xbox one

I played the first two back in the playstation era. So it is sort of nostalgic for me. If you play it you will see what I mean by boogie man.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Had it on PC since last year, very awesome fun game. For Uncharted fans, you will feel right at home.

I was considering picking this game for PS4 as well for the new add ons but ill wait for a price drop instead. VERY underrated game.

For those who have both X1 and PS4, pick up the PS4. The X1 is on avg about 20FPS lower than the PS4 with some screen tearing. Still, highly recommend for both console owners.

Last edited:

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
I personally think if it sells well it will only be because people are starved for games on the new systems.

Exactly the reason why i picked it up. Probably wouldnt have even been interested otherwise. This one just kinda flew under the radar for me last year

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
It should have been a $30 game at best. It's a year old game with upgraded textures and resolution. Agree that people will pick it up due to lack of games on the new consoles.

I haven't tried my copy out yet.

JPD5801

Established Member

I never played the originals, but I bought it when it came out for PS3. I really enjoyed it. I didn't feel like I missed anything by not knowing the details of the originals.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Played it for about 2 hours. Ran through the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, then gave it a rest. I missed out on this gem last year. The visuals are amazing. Playing it on ps4. Almost picked it up on xbox one because the digital version hit their marketplace first and didnt pop up on the playstation store until tuesday evening. But decided against it because apparently it only runs at 60fps on the playstation. Hoping maybe a demo will hit the x1 to see if theres really a massive difference.

So far, this game is amazing if you havent already played it. Its sorta like Far Cry 3 meets Uncharted

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Played it for about 2 hours. Ran through the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, then gave it a rest. I missed out on this gem last year. The visuals are amazing. Playing it on ps4. Almost picked it up on xbox one because the digital version hit their marketplace first and didnt pop up on the playstation store until tuesday evening. But decided against it because apparently it only runs at 60fps on the playstation. Hoping maybe a demo will hit the x1 to see if theres really a massive difference.

So far, this game is amazing if you havent already played it. Its sorta like Far Cry 3 meets Uncharted

Xbox One is capped at 30FPS and can drop below.
PS4 peaks at 60FPS but fluctuates between 40-50FPS.

Next-Gen Face-Off: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition • Face offs • Eurogamer.net

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member

I have it on the ONE it looks wonderful. I have not noticed any frame rate issues so to speak even though they say it runs around 30FPS. Then again I am not one to be able to tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS anyways.

Sick03Vert

Banned
I have it on the ONE it looks wonderful. I have not noticed any frame rate issues so to speak even though they say it runs around 30FPS. Then again I am not one to be able to tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS anyways.

Neither is anyone else...except for those guys with a complex that feel to constantly point out FPS and native rez settings makes them look cool and means their system is the best. :bored:

I've had a blast on every X1 game I've purchased, including Dead Rising 3 which everyone seems to want to bitch about when it comes to FPS and resolution. The game looks great, it runs smooth, and as an I.T. guy I'm far pickier than most when it comes to that kind of thing. I'd rather a game run 30FPS smooth than 60FPS and choppier than the Atlantic.

If I wanted consistent badass resolution and retarded FPS on every game I played, I'd build a PC. :coolman:

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
The original DOS version of Tomb Raider in 3Dfx was a thing of beauty. :rockon:
I had two Diamond Monster II 3Dfx cards in SLI running that game.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Neither is anyone else...except for those guys with a complex that feel to constantly point out FPS and native rez settings makes them look cool and means their system is the best. :bored:

I've had a blast on every X1 game I've purchased, including Dead Rising 3 which everyone seems to want to bitch about when it comes to FPS and resolution. The game looks great, it runs smooth, and as an I.T. guy I'm far pickier than most when it comes to that kind of thing. I'd rather a game run 30FPS smooth than 60FPS and choppier than the Atlantic.

If I wanted consistent badass resolution and retarded FPS on every game I played, I'd build a PC. :coolman:
I can tell a difference :shrug:
The PS4 edition is capped to 60FPS so it could've peaked higher but that would've resulted in chopiness. Seeing that the avg is 50FPS with a very low 32 FPS, the chopiness would be next to nothing. Anything lower than 30FPS is no bueno, thats one of my grudges with GTA 5 and I was able to notice it a lot.

At least Ubisoft got it right with AC, that should be the norm. Both versions are great, the X1 is smooth enough to please the people. To me though, I would have expected every game to be AT LEAST 30 FPS MINIMUM.

720P vs 1080P is quite the difference though people can say all they want but if you have a big TV, you will definitely notice between both on the same game. The visiuals will also only get better, 720P will show its age more and more.

Last edited:

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Considering most don't have a gaming rig, it is actually cheaper to just pay $60 for the console.. plus you'll get slightly better enhancements.

True that. Building my first rig at the moment, already ran up high, and still havent even bought a GPU yet. Holding out to see if AMD's new API "Mantle" is a real game changer or not. PM me your setup, and we can can chat. Not trying to hijack the thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread